TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO SUPPORT THE L&N THIS WEEKEND - IF YOU'RE ATTENDING THE UT GAME ON SATURDAY PLEASE PARK IN OUR LOTS FOR A DONATION TO THE SCHOOL ($20 OR MORE REQUESTED/SUGGESTED). ALL MONEY STAYS AT THE SCHOOL. THIS WEEKEND THE CLUBS WORKING ARE THE LATIN CLUB AND SWIMMING/DIVING TEAMS!
For Friday, August 30, 2013
“L” Day Schedule
· Please get the two forms you received yesterday in Advisory signed and returned ASAP. We use these when your work is shared and when media people are in the building to film and interview.
· Lost – a light blue, 6th generation iPod Nano. Please turn in to the office if found, no questions asked, reward is being offered.
· Beginning next week – the bookstore will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:45 – 9:15 and at lunch. New items are coming in all the time, be sure to stop by and see what’s new! Get your Gryphon gear!
· 9th-11th graders may now sign up for the PSAT. Information about the PSAT can be found on the Guidance page of the website. Registration is $14.00 and can be turned in to Mrs. Johnson in the Guidance office. If payment is an issue for you, please check with your counselor to request a fee waiver voucher. The deadline for registration is September 18th at 4:00 pm. Payment can be made with check or EXACT cash and is NON-REFUNDABLE. The PSAT will be administered at STEM the morning of October 16th (the day before Fall Break).
Opportunities to be involved with your school:
· Today, 8/30, any junior or senior interested in helping with the 2014 prom for juniors/seniors should join the group in room 104 (left door in the Commons Area) at 9:00 a.m. Questions? Email either Mrs. Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com.
· Organizational meeting for the new Health and Environmental Safety Organization (HESO) club, next Friday, 9/6, from 8:45 – 9:20 in room D120. For more info, email S018109@student.knoxschools.org.
· Teens for Christ meets Monday mornings at 9:00 in room D113. All are welcome.
· Anyone interested in playing water polo, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
· GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) meet 8:45 – 9:15 on Thursday mornings in room 222. All are welcome.
· Young Life will be back on campus beginning the week of Labor Day. Watch for morning meeting times and location.
College admissions/visits information:
http://mitadmissions.org/visit/travel - Sept 11 at Downtown Marriott
· Attention Seniors: We will be hosting a Senior Information Night on Thursday, September 12th at 6:30 pm in the STEM classroom of the Depot. Please join us for important information about college applications, requesting transcripts, and senior year timeline. Also joining us will be Elizabeth Raymond from the TN Student Assistance Corporation to talk about financial aid and scholarships. Please be sure to bring your parents!
Quote of the day: from Marilyn Monroe:
Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2012-13 TN Reward School