GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, May 18, 2016 – “N” classes
Underclassmen N1 and N2 exams
Last scheduled day of school!
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Today from 1:00 – 3:00 students should report to the following areas to turn in their iPads so you can receive new technology this summer. Final grade reports and class schedule for next year will be withheld from any student not turning in an iPad and charger and school-issued cover.
o 9th graders will report to Commons
o 10th graders will report to room 214
o 11th graders will report to STEM Space
· Make plans now to check your school email account at least once weekly over the summer. We’ll be sending updates on summer assignments and when you can pick up your new laptops!
· Did you miss last night’s meeting but think you need Summer School to recover a failing grade? Go to http://www.knoxschools.org/Page/12322 for more information.
· Any boys or girls interested in play on the golf team in the fall should email Mr. Waxmonsky. The season begins in July and ends in October.
· Make plans to bring a chair and survive the Zombie Apolocalypse student theatre production on Thursday, May 19, 7:00 p.m. on the Plaza. Admission is free to this approximately 1 hour production!
· Congratulations to Rory Glatt for winning the boys’ individual tennis regional title. Now he will head to state tournament next week in Murfreesboro!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Knox Area Urban League is recruiting for next fall’s class of National Achievers. If you are a student of color, will be in grades 10-12 next year, and have a 3.0 or higher GPA, you are invited to apply (attached). Deadline for application is May 23.
· Students and parents interested in attending an information session with Yale, Caltech, MIT, and Pomona need to pre-register here: http://bit.ly/1WpAPpQ The panel will be held at Farragut High School, TONIGHT, at 7:00 p.m. with a program to discuss academic and campus life, selective college admissions, and financial aid.
Quote of the day from Thomas Edison:
I will not say I failed 1000 times. I will say that I discovered there are 1000 ways that can cause failure --
From your Administrative team, faculty, and staff of the L&N – have a great, relaxing, and restful summer. We’ll see you at the social movie nights and technology orientations over the summer!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction,
2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)