GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, December 21, 2016 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
N1 and N2 Midterm Exams today
Half-day Schedule – LAST SCHOOL DAY OF 2016!
· Schedule for 12/21:
o N1 class – 9:30 – 11:02
o N2 class – 11:07 – 12:36
· Everyone in the building dismisses to lunch at 12:36. Those with returned permission slips may leave campus. Everyone else should report to the Commons for lunch.
· If you stay at school to ride the school bus at 4:30 you must stay in the Commons unless you are with a teacher. You should check in with the faculty table in the Commons to let us know what bus you ride so we can tell them they have riders. You may NOT leave campus and come back to ride the school bus.
· Junior Class Social!!
When: December 21st, Wednesday @ 1:30-3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Ice Chalet
What: Ice Skating
Bring $12 for skating and skate rental
Community & Guidance Ops:
· ACT invites students to join them for a free online event to help prepare for the ACT– a live session covering all four subject areas on the ACT test. ACT expert instructors will outline the most commonly tested concepts on the ACT and provide an overview of the powerful interactive instruction available through ACT®Kaplan® Online Prep Live. Students may bookmark this page: http://onlinepreplive.com/ and plan on joining ACT on the above date. If they can’t make the live event, check back later for a free on-demand recording of the presentation.
Quote of the day from Francis Pharcellus Church, editor of the New York Sun, published in response to a letter to the editor on Sept 21, 1897:
Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus.
From your Administrators, Teachers, and Staff – here’s hoping each of you have the opportunity to experience joy for yourself, and take the opportunity to bring joy to others over this holiday break. No matter your belief or creed, be kind to one another. Happy Holidays – see you in 2017!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school
Mid-term Exam and end of semester schedule:
• Only meet N1 & N2 - Wed, Dec 21 - dismiss at 12:36 p.m. (with permission). Limited breakfast and lunch service.
• Make-up day - Thurs, Dec 22 – only students with appointments to make up work should be here on 12/22. No cafeteria service at all.