GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, May 22, 2019 – N-day
Half-day N1/N2 Finals for all students!
AP Testing – Statistics in room 221/222 – quiet please!
School Mission – Boundless STEM: Learning & Leading
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Today’s schedule is:
o AP testing begins in rooms 221, 222, and the Guidance Office at 8:00 a.m. Please keep these areas quiet so students may concentrate!
o N1 class – 9:30 – 11:00
o N2 class – 11:05 – 12:30
o Lunch will be served to all from 12:30 – 1:15 in the Cafeteria
· All students on campus at 1:15 must report to and stay in the Commons until a teacher comes to get you, buses run at 4:30
· In case you have not heard, the rising senior class is hosting an End of the Year Party tomorrow Wednesday at 1:30!! It is at Victor Ashe Park. There are going to be games like water balloon fights, volleyball, frisbees, etc!! We plan on providing free food, in doing so, we would need to know how many people are attending that way we know how much food we need. Please fill out this survey to RSVP as soon as possible. https://forms.gle/S8cHZCenNe5jRTo29
· Zoo Knoxville is proud to thank L&N student John Humphrey for organizing our cell phone collection effort. L&N came in 2nd place out of 10 teams participating. Together, 160 electronic devices were collected to be kept out of landfills and benefit gorilla natural habitat in Africa!
· If you are interested in taking a course in summer school either to recover a credit, improve a grade, or attempt a new course, you will find all information at http://bit.ly/LNSummerInfo. From there you will be able to find the link to registration, pay your summer school fees, and see the course offerings for this year. The offerings are subject to change, so please make sure to double check here before registering.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Want to make a friend from another country? The EducationUSA Academy at the University of Tennessee is seeking high school students and recent graduates to serve as conversation partners and companions with its international high school student participants. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one activity (usually 2-4 hours) per week between July 6 and August 3. One important element of the program is the opportunity for participants to interact with local high school students and recent graduates in activities and conversation groups. Volunteers will be invited to join the participants for meals, field trips, and other social and cultural activities. More information about the program can be found here:
Quote of the day from Mrs. Ashe:
Hard work paired with imagination makes the impossible come true. Aim for just beyond what you can see or imagine and you’ll go farther than you dreamed possible. Don’t let anyone stop you from pursuing your dreams.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report GOLD medalist , Newsweek’s Top 500 American High Schools, TN Reward School, TN STEM Designated School, AdvancED STEM Certified School