GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, May 22, 2017 – “L” day tests
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
TESTING – L1 & L2 final exams
Last day of school for 2016/17 school year!!
· We are having special guests in the building from 7:00 – 9:30 a.m. Monday morning. They will be in the Commons. Students need to enter the cafeteria for serving through the doors straight off the verandah – stay outside until time to go to 1st period. If you have an appointment with a teacher before 9:30 you should come in through the office and go up the Hogwart’s stairs. The Depot will not be affected. Everything will be back in place by the time 1st period starts. If any of our guests ask you about school, please answer them professionally – these are VIPs in high ranking leadership positions from across TN – and they chose to come to the L&N! Thank you for your cooperation.
· The cafeteria will be serving breakfast for the last time today – and lunch. Dismissal works just like Friday’s. If you returned an early release slip you may have lunch, but if you don’t have an appointment for makeup with a teacher you need to leave campus. If you did not return a slip or need to wait on the buses, report to the Commons, where you will stay unless a teacher (or your ride) comes to get you. You may not leave campus and return.
· This is the last edition of the Gryphon Daily Briefing for this school year, but we will send them over the summer every other week. Check your school email regularly – there will be reminders of summer assignments for classes you requested for next year, dates for socials and school activities over the summer, and news to keep everyone in the Gryphon family updated.
· Good luck to our athletes competing in state championships this week in Murfreesboro – in track that is Jaylen Foster, Paul Schwartzentraub and Laura Bretscher. In tennis, Rory Glatt and Walker Lee will play for the state championship in doubles. Go get ‘em Gryphons!
· Driver Permit Forms - Any student planning to take the driver permit test needs a 1010 form verifying attendance. Forms are available by emailing Mr. Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org . Forms printed in May are valid until we return to school in August. Forms will be available during the summer, also. However, plan ahead because there are a few days that the office is closed.
· TSA is still trying to raise money to get to Nationals in Florida this summer. You can help them out by visiting this site: https://www.pearup.com/groups/ln-stem-academy-tsa and completing one or more tasks to help them earn money. Pass on the link to everyone you know!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· When: June 12-23, 2017; Live Sessions MTWThF 9:30-11am Pacific Time
Where: Online - participants require a computer with broadband access and a pair of working headsets with a microphone; wireless device can work in a pinch as well (if traveling for part of the ‘camp’)
What: It’ll be a 2-week ‘taster’ course in which we explore a variety of language functions with minimal vocabulary (cognates where possible) to make the quick pace doable and fun.
Who: 9th-12th graders (entering 9th grade and just graduated 12th grade are welcome); minimum of 2 participants, maximum of 15
Purpose: to give a taste of what studying Russian is like for those who are considering taking a longer and more comprehensive class and to get a chance to interact with peers from all over.
More details and registration information can be found here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/online-russian-language-summer-camp-june-12-23-2017-tickets-34477112973
Quote of the day from Mrs. Ashe:
Enjoy the lazy, dreamy days of summer. Fill your hours with reading, thinking, and creative activities – be safe, and come back for your best year yet in August!
AND DON’T FORGET TO DO YOUR SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS! MANY CLASSES AND EVERY GRADE HAS THEM – CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR DETAILS!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Bronze Medal 2015, Gold Medal 2016, Silver Medal 2017, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school