For Tuesday, August 20, 2013
“L” Day Schedule
CONGRATULATIONS GRYPHONS! Based on your spring test scores, you are in the top 5% of academic achieving schools in TN – you and your teachers earned the status of being a TN Reward School (one of only 70 for achievement across the whole state)! Keep up the good work – and way to go!!
· Attention students taking Dual Enrollment classes: Pellissippi classes start the week of Monday, August 26th.
· Yearbook photos will be this morning during your first period class. You will not go to Advisory class today but will go with your class for photos. You must bring the envelope you got in Advisory with the payment to order prints but everyone will have their picture taken for the yearbook. We will dismiss from 1st period straight to 2nd period by intercom when pictures are completed.
· Free and reduced lunch applications are available in the front office and on the system’s nutrition department site.
· If you are in need of help getting school clothes we can help. See Ms. Patterson at the front office to ask about Clothes Cards.
Opportunities to be involved with your school:
· Anyone interested in playing water polo, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
· GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) will have their first meeting of the year Wednesday, 8/21, from 4:30 – 5:15 in the Commons. Regular meeting times and location will be set at this meeting.
· Anyone interested in a new fashion magazine club, contact email@example.com for more information.
· Anyone interested in helping with our student “flag corps” to take turns raising and bringing in the American and TN flags each day, please email Mrs. Ashe.
College admissions/visits information:
· Attention Seniors: We will be hosting a Senior Information Night on Thursday, September 12th at 6:30 pm in the STEM classroom of the Depot. Please join us for important information about college applications, requesting transcripts, and senior year timeline. Also joining us will be Elizabeth Raymond from the TN Student Assistance Corporation to talk about financial aid and scholarships. Please be sure to bring your parents!
Quote of the day: from Benjamin Franklin:
Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism