For Monday, December 16, 2013
· Don’t forget to bring back your early release permission slips to your Advisory teacher – tomorrow (Tuesday) is the last day they will be accepted.
· Start your Winter Holiday with a 2014 virtual basketball tournament in the Commons from 2:00 – 6:30 on Dec 19! Monies raised will go towards this year’s prom. See information below. If you are participating, you should plant to stay here at dismissal at 12:30 in the Commons (so do NOT turn in your early release permission slip for Thursday).
· Prom tickets will be on sale for $40 until the day we come back to school in January. After that, they will be $45, and after January, the price will rise to $50. You can purchase your tickets from Mrs. Brown or Ms. Stanish. So please, buy them now before prices go up! Seniors remember that your senior fees include 1 prom ticket – but they still need to be paid, and you must be sure your date has a ticket!
This week’s schedule:
· Monday – N1 & N2 midterms, regular N3 & N4 classes
· Tuesday – L1 & L2 midterms, regular L3 & L4 classes
· Wednesday – N3 & N4 midterms, dismissal at 12:30 for those who turned in permission slips by Tuesday. You CANNOT bring them on Wed/Thurs and leave early. Everyone staying will have lunch from 12:30 – 1:15. Then we’ll split up to a couple different classrooms for common study time or you can arrange to meet with a specific teacher for make up work. Buses will run at normal time – 4:30. You MAY NOT leave campus and come back to catch a bus.
· Thursday – L 3 & L4 midterms, dismissal at 12:30. Those staying will have lunch from 12:30 – 1:15. You may arrange for make up work with a teacher. Those who bought tickets to the Virtual Basketball tournament will gather in the Commons. Everyone else will go to a classroom. Buses will run at normal time – 4:30. You MAY NOT leave campus and come back to catch a bus.
· Friday – ONLY come to school if you have a specific appointment/make up time with a teacher. Cafeteria will NOT be open at all.
From the guidance office:
· Seniors: Need help filing the FAFSA? Tusculum College will host “FAFSA Frenzy” on January 30th at 4:00 pm at the Knoxville Tusculum Campus. This is a community service event to help ALL Knox County seniors and their families file the FAFSA at no charge regardless what college the student plans to attend. Participants should bring their most recent tax return documentation and any questions they may have about financial aid and the FAFSA.
Quote of the day from Booker T. Washington:
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism