For Wednesday, December 17, 2013
· STEM 2CI class (computer infrastructure) is working on a project and needs student input. Please visit this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y9TMYCK before the end of the day on Thursday. Thanks for your participation.
· Start your Winter Holiday with a 2014 virtual basketball tournament in the Commons from 2:00 – 6:30 on Dec 19! Today is last day to buy tickets.
· Prom tickets will be on sale for $40 until January 7. After that, they will be $45, and Feb 1, the price will rise to $50. You can purchase your tickets from Mrs. Brown or Ms. Stanish. Seniors remember that your senior fees include 1 prom ticket – but they still need to be paid, and you must be sure your date has a ticket!
· SENIORS – ATTENTION! There is a MANDATORY meeting for all students who applied for the TN Achieves scholarship on Tuesday, January 7th at 11:00 in the Media Center to go over important information as well as for students to meet their mentors. Students MUST attend to maintain eligibility for this scholarship, and parents are invited (but not required to). The meeting should take about 30 minutes.
This week’s schedule:
· Wednesday – N3 & N4 midterms, dismissal at 12:30 for those who turned in permission slips by Tuesday. You CANNOT bring them on Wed/Thurs and leave early. Everyone staying will have lunch from 12:30 – 1:15. Then we’ll split up to a couple different classrooms for common study time or you can arrange to meet with a specific teacher for make up work. Buses will run at normal time – 4:30. You MAY NOT leave campus and come back to catch a bus.
· Thursday – L 3 & L4 midterms, dismissal at 12:30. Those staying will have lunch from 12:30 – 1:15. You may arrange for make up work with a teacher. Those who bought tickets to the Virtual Basketball tournament will gather in the Commons. Everyone else will go to a classroom. Buses will run at normal time – 4:30. You MAY NOT leave campus and come back to catch a bus.
· Friday – ONLY come to school if you have a specific appointment/make up time with a teacher. Cafeteria will NOT be open at all.
From the guidance office:
· Seniors: Need help filing the FAFSA? Tusculum College will host “FAFSA Frenzy” on January 30th at 4:00 pm at the Knoxville Tusculum Campus. This is a community service event to help ALL Knox County seniors and their families file the FAFSA at no charge regardless what college the student plans to attend. Participants should bring their most recent tax return documentation and any questions they may have about financial aid and the FAFSA.
Quote of the day from Hamilton Wright Mabie:
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.
Have you caught the Holiday spirit yet?!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism