For Wednesday, May 7, 2014
“L” Day – TESTING and EARLY RELEASE DAY
· TODAY’S SCHEDULE:
o 1st block: 9:30 – 11:27 (same as it has been Mon/Tues)
o 2nd block: normal day schedule/lunch schedule
o 3rd block: 1:32 – 2:28
o 4th block: 2:34 – 3:30
Students may then leave at 3:30
· Mark your calendars now – we will use alternate drop off/pick up locations this Friday (May 9) and the whole week of final exams (May 20-21) due to events on Worlds Fair Park.
· The L&N STEM Academy proudly announces a baccalaureate service for their first graduating class to be held at Church Street United Methodist Church on Sunday May 11, 2014 at 3pm. The STEM PTSA will sponsor this non-denominational religious service and all L&N students and their families are invited to attend. Graduates will need to arrive by 2:30pm with their graduation gowns and will be invited to process in with their classmates. Please plan to attend the reception for all graduates and their families hosted by the L&N STEM faculty that will begin immediately following the service back at the school. If your family is interested in providing a floral arrangement in honor of their graduate or the faculty to be used during baccalaureate and graduation please contact Jen Smith (805-34096). We are so very proud of our graduates! Please help us celebrate!
· New club forming before summer – the Nature Club (students wanting to “green” the school and work on environmental issues) will have an organizational meeting on Monday, May 12, at 8:45 in room 222.
· Next Monday we will have an Early Release schedule, but students will not be released at 3:30. We will have an in-school game between seniors and underclassmen. Tickets are $3 each to get out of your 4th period. All monies will go towards senior fees for the class of 2015 – pay it forward folks! You can buy tickets at lunch in the Commons.
· Next Wednesday, 5/14, will be our last Early Release Day of the year.
· May 9th is the last day to check out books and all books and USB drives should be returned by May 16th.
· As we are entering the heavy testing season, please note that except in cases of emergency the guidance office will be closed to students until May 9.
· Summer and Scholarship Opportunities: check the College/Career webpage for summer programs in business, accounting, test prep, architecture, materials science, engineering, and more. Deadlines are soon.
· Chess club meets Wednesday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15 in room 202.
· Equality club meets Tuesday mornings 8:50 – 9:15 in room 104.
· Teens for Christ, Monday mornings in room D112
Quote of the day from Napoleon Hill:
When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism