GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, January 12, 2015
“N” Day Classes
· Be sure to read Mr. Childers’ email about your Genius Hour assignments that begin Monday. Lunch times are also listed on the email he sent.
· Congrats to the Gryphon Aquatics swimming and diving teams this weekend enjoyed another big win to bring their season record to seven wins and two losses. Way to go water Gryphons!
· The track team will meet for preseason practice-conditioning this week, Monday 1/12 through Thursday 1/15 at STEM. Practices run from 4:45-6:00 p.m. Anyone having a uniform deposit or physical papers bring them to practice.
· There will be an interest meeting for water polo Friday, 1/16, in D112 during Advisory time. Attendees will sign in for attendance. No swimming skills are necessary. We will teach you what you need to know if you decide to join the team.
· Students interested in early morning tutoring and test make up in room 214 – we’re adjusting to Tuesday and Thursay morning from 8:00 – 9:15.
· Students interested in the Knoxville Opera’s performances of Carmen can pick up a flyer in the front office (the one the Maestro gave at the highlight performance) for discount ticket opportunities.
· Deadline to register for Feb 7 ACT is today. Juniors – please make sure you register for this test and use your voucher so you can take it in ideal testing environment – off campus on a Saturday!
· Calling all students, parents, and faculty!! We are happy to announce that STEM's first-ever Open Mic Night is coming very soon! Mark your calendars for January 30th for a night of fun, laughs, and community! Please sign up here!! You can perform any talent you wish! For example: singing, dancing, poetry, acting, magic tricks, etc! Also, there will be warm beverages for no additional cost. Even if you do not wish to perform, please come to hang out and watch your friends, parents, and teachers perform! If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tune into your local PBS TV station at 5:30 on Feb 3 to watch students from the L&N Scholar’s Bowl Team compete at the 31st annual East TN PBS Scholar’s Bowl! Go Gryphons!
· SGA is sponsoring a Winter Formal dance on Saturday, Feb 7, 2015 here at the school. The theme is Winter Wonderland. Will be open to all grades, unlike the prom. Dress will be semi-formal, which means long dresses/gowns for the girls and suits for guys – no tuxedos. Tickets will be $10/single and $18/couple – on sale soon.
· UT’s College of Engineering ill host a series of one week residential summer engineering programs this June and July. Click here to download details about applying.
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to email@example.com
Quote of the day from Charles de Montegsquieu (French philosopher):
To become truly great one has to stand with people, not above them.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)