GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, January 13, 2015
“L” Day Classes
· BIG congrats to these students who qualified for positions over the weekend in the All-East and All-State Orchestras against some traditional powerhouse programs. Qualifying for both All-East and All-State were Ella Marston (violin), Kelty Oringderff (violin), Clara Prinston (violin). Qualifying for All-East was Jack Baldwin (cello). Way to go out there and make some noise for the L&N!
· Walk into a winter wonderland on February 7th to enjoy one of the best nights of the year. Join SGA for the first annual L&N STEM Academy winter formal. Tickets are $10 for an individual, and $18 for a couple. They will be sold January 26th- February 6th. Suggested attire is semi formal (which usually means a nice dress for girls and a shirt and tie or suit for guys). You won't want to miss the chocolate fountain and a fun night of dancing.
· Congrats to the Gryphon Aquatics swimming and diving teams this weekend enjoyed another big win to bring their season record to seven wins and two losses. Way to go water Gryphons!
· The track team will meet for preseason practice-conditioning this week, Monday 1/12 through Thursday 1/15 at STEM. Practices run from 4:45-6:00 p.m. Anyone having a uniform deposit or physical papers bring them to practice.
· There will be an interest meeting for water polo Friday, 1/16, in D112 during Advisory time. Attendees will sign in for attendance. No swimming skills are necessary. We will teach you what you need to know if you decide to join the team.
· Students interested in early morning tutoring and test make up in room 214 – we’re adjusting to Tuesday and Thursay morning from 8:00 – 9:15.
· Calling all students, parents, and faculty!! We are happy to announce that STEM's first-ever Open Mic Night is coming very soon! Mark your calendars for January 30th for a night of fun, laughs, and community! Please sign up here!! You can perform any talent you wish! For example: singing, dancing, poetry, acting, magic tricks, etc! Also, there will be warm beverages for no additional cost. Even if you do not wish to perform, please come to hang out and watch your friends, parents, and teachers perform! If you have any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tune into your local PBS TV station at 5:30 on Feb 3 to watch students from the L&N Scholar’s Bowl Team compete at the 31st annual East TN PBS Scholar’s Bowl! Go Gryphons!
· UT’s College of Engineering ill host a series of one week residential summer engineering programs this June and July. Click here to download details about applying.
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to email@example.com
Quote of the day from Buck Rodgers:
There are countless ways of attaining greatness, but any road to reaching one’s maximum potential must be built on a bedrock of respect for the individual, a commitment to excellence, and a rejection of mediocrity.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)