GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, May 4, 2015
“N” Day Classes
TESTING SCHEDULE STARTS TODAY!
Be sure to check announcements every day for the testing bell schedule and your class locations!!
Remember: Testing bell schedule for Monday, May 4
N1 (testing): 9:30-11:30 (see separate email for room assignments)
Regular schedule rest of the day
· Students – a caution and reminder that you are better off being late to school/class than attempting to cross the train tracks when there is a train stopped. One never knows when it will start moving and you could get pinched in the equipment linking cars. This machinery can easily cut off limbs before you even know what has happened. Be smart people and exercise caution around trains!
· Make plans to attend and cheer on your performing peers at our spring music concert (band, orchestra, and choral) tomorrow night, Tuesday, May 5, at 7:00 at the Holiday Inn (next door to us). Admission is free.
· Congratulations to James Bretscher, who on Friday became our first athletic commitment signee to a Division 1 university – signing with North Carolina State University to swim. Way to go James!
· The Technology Student Association of the L&N STEM Academy will be selling STEM themed vinyls and Hershey's Chocolate bars in the commons during the coming mornings and lunches. The vinyls start at $4 and come in 3, 4, and 5 inch variants with green, yellow, black, and white being the color choices. You can also order a customized vinyl for $10. Hershey's chocolate bars will be available for purchase at the price of $1. We will be providing a special on buying a package of a 4 inch vinyl with a Hershey's bar. We will also be providing this package for free if you are our 100th buyer! We will start selling on April 20th and continue selling until May 7th. Our Vinylla and Chocolate fundraiser will go towards helping us compete at this year's National Conference in Dallas so consider coming by our table to buy a vinyl and a chocolate bar!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Want to get together with a couple friends and participate in a KAT scavenger hunt this summer, June 12? Fabulous prizes for winning teams! See the attachment labeled “Scavenger Hunt” for more info!
· The Children's Festival of Reading will take place on Saturday, May 16th from 10am until 3pm at World's Fair Park. I have attached a flyer with more information. To sign up to volunteer, please use this link:
https://kcpl.wufoo.com/forms/childrens-festival-of-readingvolunteer-form-2015/ See announcement attachment for more info about the event.
Quote of the day from Sean (P. Diddy) Combs:
If you dream and you believe, you can do it.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)