GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, May 15, 2015
“N” Day Classes
EXTRA EARLY RELEASE SCHEDULE!
· Don’t forget to turn in your Early Release Permission Slips to be able to leave campus after exams next Tuesday and Wednesday mornings! Last day to turn in is TODAY, May 15. No exams today – but you’ll take N3 & N4 exams on Monday during regular class time.
· In case you’re wondering, you’ll be receiving your yearbook (if you ordered one) next Tuesday, 5/19, after we release at 12:30. We invited the seniors back for a yearbook signing party!
· Interested in the National Achievers Society. Membership is open to students of color who will be in grade 10-12 next year and have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Applications are due by May 22 – they are attached. If you have questions, email a current senior who has participated since his sophomore year S039856@student.knoxschools.org
· Students need to be clearing any cafeteria debts that you’ve charged over the year or library or textbook fines so your schedule doesn’t get held this summer. Please do so by cash or money order before May 20.
· Want to try sailing? The L&N STEM Academy Sailing Club is hosting a 2 day sailing clinic in conjunction with the Concord Sailing Center on May 21-22. This is for anyone who wants to try sailing, and NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY. You will learn the basics of sailing on the water aboard racing sailboats with certified sailing instructors. The clinic will cost $25 with dinner and breakfast being provided to those who camp overnight. Email (email@example.com) for more information or to sign up.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Want to get together with a couple friends and participate in a KAT scavenger hunt this summer, June 12? Fabulous prizes for winning teams! See the attachment labeled “Scavenger Hunt” for more info!
· The Children's Festival of Reading will take place on Saturday, May 16th from 10am until 3pm at World's Fair Park. I have attached a flyer with more information. To sign up to volunteer, please use this link:
https://kcpl.wufoo.com/forms/childrens-festival-of-readingvolunteer-form-2015/ See announcement attachment for more info about the event.
Quote of the day from Walt Disney:
We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
(this is the graduation quote for the Class of 2015!)
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)
FRIDAY GRADUATION DAY EARLY RELEASE BELL SCHEDULE
N1 Block 9:30 – 10:15
N2 Block 10:20 – 11:05
N3 Block 11:10 – 11:55
Lunch – Advisory 11:55 – 1:15
1ST lunch 11:55 – 12:25
2nd lunch 12:20 – 12:50
3rd lunch 12:45 – 1:15
N4 Block 1:15 – 2: 00
Buses still run at 4:30.