GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, December 11, 2015 – “N” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Don’t forget – MONDAY IS AN “N” DAY next week! You will go to all N-day classes and meet with N3 & N4 for the last time this semester!
· All band/orchestra students – you received an email last night from Mr. Gibson about an unexpected opportunity to rehearse this morning for tonight’s performance. You are encouraged to participate ONLY IF you are passing your N1 & N2 class that you would have to miss to rehearse. Don’t ask to go if you are not! Questions? See Mr. Gibson’s email from last night.
· It's that time of year again! The L&N STEMpunks are holding another holiday giveaway. To enter, go to the L&N STEMpunks Facebook page (fb.com/LNRobotics) and like the holiday giveaway post. First prize is a 128GB flash drive, a $50 Visa gift card, and our new t-shirts. There will be lots of winners this year, so make sure you're in the running! And don't forget to like our page!
· The journalism class needs your help. They are doing a news show for midterms and need as many people as possible to recreate Mr. Bell's profile photo on Twitter (@AskMrBell) for one of the segments. So, recreate the photo and post it with the #gryphongrind2015 on Twitter or Instagram.
· Don't miss the lowest prices of the year! Prom tickets for the Junior/Senior Prom are now available for purchase during lunch. All tickets are $40 until December 18th. Get your tickets now.
Theme: A Red Carpet Romance Location: Gettysvue Country Club
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016 Time: 7-11pm
· If you still need an exam dismissal form for next week there are extras in a folder on the bulletin board right next to the door to the Hogwart’s stairs in the Commons area. Be sure to return ASAP!
· SGA-sponsored Winter Wonder week continues! Keep in mind Knox County’s dress code and our STEM Habit of professionalism. Have fun and happy holidays!!
o Fleece and Flannel Friday (polar express day)
Come as you are on the polar express! Dress in your coziest winter clothes (fleece/flannel pants, slippers, etc) and enjoy some candy canes in the commons during lunch as you watch the polar express screened on the visualization wall.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Students interested in Architecture: There will be an orientation meeting for Architectural Explorer Post 901 for parents and students on Monday, Jan 11, 6 – 8:00 p.m. at the East TN Community Design Center (1300 N. Broadway, behind TV channel 6), in the Carriage House next to the TV station. Explore Posts are co-ed groups that meet monthly until May. Meetings include visits to architects’ offices, construction sites, and UT College of Architecture. For further info, call or email Tom Caldwell, 588-0860, Thomas@tcarchitect.com, or Gene Burr, 250-5734, firstname.lastname@example.org . Sponsored by East TN Chapter, AIA.
Quote of the day from Chris Grosser:
Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)