GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, August 10, 2015
Half Day – First Day of School!
2015-16 L&N Mission – Own it!
· Greetings L&N Scholars! Happy new school year! Hope everyone had a great summer. Your teachers are geared up and ready for our best year yet at the L&N! You’ll notice a few changes that will be introduced to you gradually over this week. Until then, here are some things you need to know right away.
· This year’s “mission” is Own it! That means your teachers will be reminding you that you need to own your learning, own your responsibilities, and own your rewards for your work! Expect to hear more in your Advisory classes.
· The cafeteria will have breakfast items for purchase this morning from 8:30 – 9:20. They will be open for all meals (and hot and cold service) beginning Tuesday.
· You’ll report to your assigned Advisory (there are signs up around the building and they are attached to these announcements) at 9:30 Monday morning to receive the latest copy of your schedule.
· This year students are asked, unless you are meeting a teacher specifically, to stay in the Commons or Plaza areas until 8:45 each morning. Then you may spread out to make room for everyone to have breakfast in the cafeteria. This will let your teachers prepare for the day, too.
· Today, if your schedule has a blank period, a “hole” in it, you should report to the Commons area for that period. One of the Admins will meet you there to discuss your options.
· Today’s schedule is printed below. We are using bells today only since classes are so short we want everyone to start and stop on time.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· If you or a friend who doesn’t get announcements yet has an incomplete (or none at all) schedule – guidance will work with you today from 9:30 – 10:00. If you hear of anyone in this situation, please encourage them to go to guidance at 9:30 where they will receive priority attention.
Quote of the day from Arnold Schwarzenegger:
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)