GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, May 8, 2017 – “M” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
Testing today – AP Biology, AP Music Theory
· NOTE: Due to AP Music Theory testing occurring in room G006 from 8:00 – 11:30 today, we need quiet on the plaza during those hours. No spikeball AT ALL until after the test is completed. Thank you for your cooperation – your classmates appreciate your help in giving them a good environment to concentrate and test well!
· Hey Gryphons, it is that time of year when Gryphon Guides is accepting new applicants to be Mentors for the school year of 2017-2018! So, if you want to help guide the upcoming freshmen class, just stop by the office and pick up an application. Note, you must be a rising junior or senior to apply. The deadline is Friday, May 12 at 4:30. When you are finished with your application, drop it back off in the front office.
· SENIORS! We need your help with the senior video. Please send your baby pictures and any pictures you'd like to be featured to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sooner we receive them, the better. If you have any high school memories, reflections or experiences you'd like to share, fill out this google form to be interviewed: https://goo.gl/forms/qFHjuj4Zm9qwCelG2
· BIG CONGRATS to our Ultimate Frisbee Team – they won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP on Sunday! Ben Robinson was named MVP of the Championship Game! Our first team state title in any sport!! Well done!
· Congratulations to Laura Bretscher on her 5th place finish in the 3200 meter run at the KIL Championships Wed. night at HVA.
· Big shout out to our Tennis team, racking up the following District A/AA honors – and on Wednesday they repeated their victory to become District A/AA Champions for 2017 (second year in a row!):
Boys Player of the Year: Rory Glatt (who just signed to play with Berry College!)
Boys All District Team: Walker Lee & Riley Forrest-Bank
Girls All District Team: Armani Hall & Ansley Parker
Boys Coach of The Year: Geoff Duggan
· It’s that time of the year! Yearbook Distribution Day! Yearbooks will be distributed on Monday, May 15th at 3:30 on the Plaza. If you have ordered a yearbook, please make plans to pick it up at this time. Be sure to know if you’ve purchased personalization so you get the right book. If you have yet to purchase a yearbook but would like to, there is a limited quantity available on a first come, first serve basis.
· Seniors and Parents: The Class of 2017 will have their Senior Event at Pigeon Forge Community Center overnight on Friday, May 12, from 9:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. Additional details are being provided in the PTSA newsletter "Around the Station", via a flyer being sent home with students, and on the PTSA Facebook website. We have created a Signup Genius to ask for chaperones and snack donations. Please sign up to help make this a fun and memorable event for our students! Additional questions may be directed to Ms. Kelly Marston at email@example.com. Sign up at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0A4EAEA62AAAFC1-senior
· Seniors: We will be having one last Social on Tuesday, May 16. It will be held at a "Party Barn" where there will be lit up basketball courts and fields for football, soccer, ultimate, etc. Food and drinks will be provided. All students, please note that this is not a school sponsored event, but rather just a senior social. The address is 655 N. East End Rd. Strawberry Plains, TN 37871. If you are planning on going, please fill out the google doc below. https://goo.gl/forms/sEsjZFjfVUFfkVxC3
· Show your school spirit by for voting for our school in the School Spirit Contest. The school with the most votes wins $2500. Tell your family and friends to vote, too! http://www.knoxnews.com/search/school%20spirit%20challenge/
Community & Guidance Ops:
· The Knoxville Chamber of Commerce sponsors a year-long program that teaches students how to start and run their own real business. For early admittance apply by May 19. Follow this link to find out more http://www.knoxvillechamber.com/YEA
Quote of the day from William James:
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Silver Medal 2017, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school
|2017 TN State Ultimate Frisbee Champs - L&N STEM!|
|Benjamin Robinson - Season MVP voted by the local ultimate frisbee authority, and MVP for Championship, voted by opposing team|