For Monday, December 10, 2012
"L" Schedule Day
· Special thanks to students Jonathan Bueckman, Chris Kleinschmidt, and Eric O’Reilley and Mr. Wood for representing the L&N at the systemwide Magnet Showcase at the KMA on Monday night. Our corner of the museum stayed packed all night with people wanting more information!
· Two opportunities for you to be in school pictures this week: First, on Tuesday, Dec 11 be here at 9:10 and come outside on the Plaza. We’ll be taking a picture of our students and staff to send as a Holiday card to our supporting partners. Please either wear a school shirt or at least school colors. Second, on Wednesday, Dec 12, it’s tacky holiday sweater day! We’ll take another group picture at a place and time to be announced and vote on the tackiest holiday outfit!
· SGA will be selling candy canes in the morning and during both lunches for people to send out to other students beginning next Monday, December 10th through Friday the 14th. The candy canes will be handed out during advisory on the 11th, 13th, and 18th. Share your holiday spirit with the ones you love!
· Brown Bag Chat this week: Friday, Doug Smith & Richard Stair about Wireless Charger Technologies, Texas Instruments. Email Mr. Smith to let him know you plan on attending.
· Volunteers for Showcase tonight (general volunteers only, if a teacher asked you, they will tell you details) plan on coming to the office at 5:30 to get your assignment and “Ask me” button.
· Ijams Nature Center has lots of opportunities for service. For example, they would like volunteers for their annual holiday craft party on 12/15 from 10-2. They’ll show you how to do the craft and then you’ll help children and families make them during the event. Lots of fun! If you are interested you may contact Sabrina deVault, outreach coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· New club announcement: MODEL UN will meet Monday, December 10, 2012 in room 207 beginning at 8:45am. We will be discussing conference options in the spring as well as the election of leaders.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): every Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Prom Committee meets in room 221 at 8:45 a.m. Next meeting is Dec. 11
Quote of the day: from Plato
Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism