For Tuesday, December 11, 2012
"N" Schedule Day
· PSAT results will be available to be picked up in the Guidance lobby today (Tuesday) from 9:00 – 9:30, between 1st and 2nd block, and after 2nd block. Students who took the test need to pick up both their test booklet and results.
· Two opportunities for you to be in school pictures this week: First, on Tuesday, Dec 11 be here at 9:10 and come outside on the Plaza. We’ll be taking a picture of our students and staff to send as a Holiday card to our supporting partners. Please either wear a school shirt or at least school colors. Second, on Wednesday, Dec 12, it’s tacky holiday sweater day! We’ll take another group picture at a place and time to be announced and vote on the tackiest holiday outfit!
· Prom Committee meets in room 221 at 8:45 a.m. Meeting today, Dec. 11
· This past Saturday, L&N's TSA Chapter participated in the East Tennessee Regional: We took 10 students and entered in 7 of the 11 available competitions. We earned finalist slots in 6 of the 7 events we entered. Congratulations to 2nd place in Structural Engineering (Marshall Teffeteller & Owen Sanders); 2nd Place in Promotional Graphics (Jasmine Scheid). We also had Top 4's in Chapter Team and Technology Problem Solving. There is still time to join and participate in State Conference (March 14-17 in Chattanooga)!
· SGA will be selling candy canes in the morning and during both lunches for people to send out to other students beginning next Monday, December 10th through Friday the 14th. The candy canes will be handed out during advisory on the 11th, 13th, and 18th. Share your holiday spirit with the ones you love!
· Join us in the STEM space on Wednesday, Dec 12 at 1:00 p.m. for a webinar with NASA's Associate Administrator for Education and Astronaut Leland Melvin and Dave Lavery, NASA's Program Executive for Solar System Exploration and the Curiosity mission, as they give students a behind-the-scenes look at the Mars rover, Curiosity, including exclusive access to NASA video of Mars. Students will also hear from the experts on what this mission's discoveries may mean for our future. You can bring lunch with you.
· Brown Bag Chat this week: Friday, Doug Smith & Richard Stair about Wireless Charger Technologies, Texas Instruments. Email Mr. Smith to let him know you plan on attending.
· Ijams Nature Center has lots of opportunities for service. For example, they would like volunteers for their annual holiday craft party on 12/15 from 10-2. They’ll show you how to do the craft and then you’ll help children and families make them during the event. Lots of fun! If you are interested you may contact Sabrina deVault, outreach coordinator, at email@example.com.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): every Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day: from Ralph Marston
Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.
Many thanks to all the students who stayed to participate in classrooms, in the food serving line, and as general guides at the Showcase Monday night. Countless parents of prospective students stopped by to tell your administrators how poised, articulate, and well-spoken our students are! You represented your school and yourselves very well and it is appreciated! Thank you!!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism