For Thursday, December 6, 2012
"L" Schedule Day
· Special thanks to students Jonathan Bueckman, Chris Kleinschmidt, and Eric O’Reilley and Mr. Wood for representing the L&N at the systemwide Magnet Showcase at the KMA on Monday night. Our corner of the museum stayed packed all night with people wanting more information!
· SGA will be selling candy canes in the morning and during both lunches for people to send out to other students beginning next Monday, December 10th through Friday the 14th. The candy canes will be handed out during advisory on the 11th, 13th, and 18th. Share your holiday spirit with the ones you love!
· Have you met our new Tech Coordinator? His name is Mr. Gouge. You’ve probably seen him around working on computers, SmartBoards, or other technology devices already. He is now setting up regular “help” hours. You can find him in the Media Center every day during 2nd lunch. Stop in if you have questions or need help with your iPad.
· Today in Advisory you will be taking a survey that will help us with continuous improvement for our school. Please take it seriously, give it some thought, and be honest in your answers. Thank you ahead of time for your cooperation.
· Mark your calendars to participate in these upcoming Brown Bag chats that will happen during lunch (bring yours with you) in the STEM Space in the Depot:
o Dec. 7 - Josh Cole about Geotechnical Engineering, S&ME, Inc.
o Dec. 14 - Doug Smith & Richard Stair about Wireless Charger Technologies, Texas Instruments
o Jan. 11 - Carl Wheeler, Electrical Engineering, an Electrical Engineer & Adjunct Professor at Pellissippi State CC
· We can still use volunteer student guides for our Fall Showcase on Dec 10 from 5:30 – 7:30. Let Mrs. Ashe know if you can help.
· Ijams Nature Center has lots of opportunities for service. For example, they would like volunteers for their annual holiday craft party on 12/15 from 10-2. They’ll show you how to do the craft and then you’ll help children and families make them during the event. Lots of fun! If you are interested you may contact Sabrina deVault, outreach coordinator, at email@example.com.
· New club announcement: MODEL UN will meet Monday, December 10, 2012 in room 207 beginning at 8:45am. We will be discussing conference options in the spring as well as the election of leaders.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): every Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Prom Committee meets in room 221 at 8:45 a.m. Next meeting is Dec. 11
Quote of the day: from Zig Ziglar
If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism