For Thursday, November 7, 2013
“N” Day Schedule
· Don’t forget to turn in your permission slip for the Veteran’s Day parade to your Advisory teacher ASAP! No later than Friday, Nov 8. If you need another copy, there are extras on the front desk in the office.
· This Friday, Nov 8 use alternate pick up location in afternoon! They will be setting up for Buddy’s Race for the Cure.
· Get ready for the event of the week! Gryphon Outreach is putting on a Chicken Nugget Eating Contest between two faculty teams to raise funds for their charity efforts scheduled throughout the year. The teams will be Mr. Smith, Mr. Fannon, and Mr. Webster against Ms. Griggs, Ms. Norton, and Ms. Holt. You can contribute to your favorite team before school and even during the contest at Advisory today. Support your favorite side!
· The yearbook staff is looking to feature STEM students and faculty with their pets. Please send high quality photos of you and your pet to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 9th for a chance to be featured in the yearbook!
· Be on the lookout - on December 4th we will be having a faculty vs. Senior football game and tickets will be three dollars to watch during the last hour of an Early Release Wednesday schedule. Monies raised will go toward scholarships for senior dues. Tickets will go on sale during lunch soon.
· For a limited time only – PTSA has the following items available for order. Order forms are in the front office. You can see samples in the school bookstore:
o Charcoal Gray (the new UT gray color this year) Sweatpants with L&N down side: $25 ($27 xxlg)
o Charcoal Gray Hoodies with STEM logo: $25 ($27 xxlg)
o Tumblers: $12
o L&N STEM cling: $5
o L&N STEM magnet: $10
o Green and Gold Pom Poms (set of 2): $6
o Limited Ed. 2013-2014 LONG Sleeve T-shirts: $15
o L&N Temporary Tattoos: $3 for 10
Please send the following information with full payment (cash or check) in envelope addressed to PTSA to the office:
1.) Student Name and Year
2.) Your phone number and email address
3.) Items you are purchasing and SIZE(s)
4.) Check made out to L&N Stem PTSA
Please address all questions to email@example.com
Opportunities to be involved with your school:
· Girl Talk will meet at 9:00 Thursday morning in room 216 to discuss the food drive.
· Chess club in room 202 at 8:30 on Wednesday mornings.
· Scholars bowl team practice Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:35, room 207.
· Gryphon Film Club is having meetings again. We are meeting on Thursday afternoons from 4:45 to 6:00 in room 214.
· Gryphon Gaming Club, Fridays, from 8:45 – 9:15 in room D119. Emphasis is on video gaming, but all gamers are welcome!
· Health Environmental Issues Organization (HEIO) meets Wednesday mornings from 8:45 – 9:20 in D116.
· Teens for Christ meets Monday mornings at 9:00 in room D113. All are welcome.
· GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) meet 8:45 – 9:15 on Thursday mornings in room 222. All are welcome.
· Young Life meeting Thursdays at 8:43 in room D112.
College admissions/visits information:
College recruiter visits coming up. Please email Mrs. Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to attend.
Students applying to Governor's School: http://tn.gov/education/govschools/
Please note that the deadlines to submit completed applications to Mrs. Salerno for all programs EXCEPT Governor's School for the ARTS by November 26th. This will ensure that your application can be submitted by the school in time to meet their final deadline. Late applications to Governor's School are not accepted!
Quote of the day from Christopher Columbus:
You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2012-13 TN Reward School