GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, November 17, 2015 – “L” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Huge congratulations to all of our L&N orchestra and band students who performed in the Knoxville Symphony Youth Orchestra Fall Concert! Violins: Ella Marston, Clara Prinston, Kelty Oringderff, Gregory Croisdale, Rory Glatt, and Elliot Mills; Cello: Jack Baldwin; Bassoon: Marcus Lee; Percussion: Ruthanne Brock. The level of musical difficulty was tremendous and our students performed with absolute brilliance!
Also, congratulations to Charlsie Burnett (clarinet), Peyton Williams (trumpet), Daniel Eshleman (trombone), and Perry Hall (percussion) for being selected to perform in the 2015 Knox County Schools Honors Band! The performance is tonight at Central High School. 7pm, free!
· All students should plan to stop in the Commons Area during your lunch period to pick up your progress reports on Wednesday. We will also be on the Plaza at dismissal (verandah if it is raining). Picking it up is part of taking ownership of your grades. You must come to get them. We’ll be mailing straight to parents for any student who does not pick up.
· L&N STEM Swim & Dive Team remains undefeated by beating Webb and Catholic (Gryphons 230.5 - Webb 118.5 - Catholic 109)! The next meet for the gryphons is the Ray Bussard Invitational at UT December 12th.
Congratulations to Alli Lapps, who has committed to, and will be swimming for The George Washington University. We will celebrate the signing of her national letter of intent on November 18th at 4 pm in the Commons. Another congratulations to Graham Denton, who has committed to, and will be swimming for West Virginia Wesleyan College next year. We will celebrate the signing of his national letter of intent on November 17th at 4 pm in the Media Center.
· Prom tickets for the Junior/Senior Prom are now available for purchase during lunch. All tickets are $40 through November and December. Get your tickets now while the price is low.
Theme: A Red Carpet Romance; Location: Gettysvue Country Club
Date: April 23, 2016 ; Time: 7-11pm
· The L&N STEMpunks FRC Team 3966 are collecting socks for Socks for the Sox, a holiday outreach drive lead by the Evil Purple Sox FTC Team 8498. We need your help gathering socks to donate to our local Knoxville charity, and you can bring new and unused socks in the green recycling bin in the front office. We'll be collecting socks until December 4th, so please consider helping us give back to the community!
· Interested in writing a novel? Maybe you've already started one? November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Check out the website for the Young Writers Program and sign up here: http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/. To celebrate and encourage participation, the Media Center will be open at 8 a.m. in the morning throughout November. Just think about what you could accomplish in just 1 hour a day for a month! Work alongside Mr. Crattie and Ms. Ellis as they work on their own novels.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Juniors: You can pick up a voucher to register for the next administration of the ACT during your lunch in the Commons area on Wednesday from Mrs. Salerno.
· Seniors who missed picking up your TN Promise packets can pick them up from the guidance office.
Quote of the day from Norman Vincent Peale:
Change your thoughts and you change your world.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)
2015 KYSO Fall Concert musicians from L&N