GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, November 30, 2015 – “M” classes
Early Release Schedule
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Shout out to Preston Gull and Niquelle Mase, who have had projects accepted for exhibition in the 2015 East TN Regional Student Art Exhibition at the KMA. Open to the public beginning Dec 8.
· Students make note – yearbook will be taking club pictures during Genius Hour this Wednesday, Dec. 2. See the schedule at the bottom of the announcements and report to the Plaza at the designated time for any clubs in which you participate.
· Mark your calendars students – Monday classes will meet for the last time this semester on Dec. 7. That means you only meet today and once more before the end of this grading period! We will be doing mid-term exams on Mon., Dec. 14. (schedule is at bottom). Your teachers will tell you how this affects your classes.
· Attention to all students that are interested in participating in any future Model United Nations conferences: There will be an interest meeting on Monday, November 30th from 3:30-4:00 in Room 214 and a second on Tuesday, December 1st from 9:00-9:25 in Room 214.
· Our Statistics project compares how taking notes, either using technology, such as a laptop or iPad, or traditional notes, writing notes on paper, affects students' ability to retain information over a period of time. The project consists of student cooperation the get the most accurate results. We prefer that ALL students, no matter what grade or writing style, take the survey to get a baseline of the data. Click here to access our short survey. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,or email@example.com.
· Prom tickets for the Junior/Senior Prom are now available for purchase during lunch. All tickets are $40 through November and December. Get your tickets now while the price is low.
Theme: A Red Carpet Romance; Location: Gettysvue Country Club
Date: April 23, 2016 ; Time: 7-11pm
· The L&N STEMpunks FRC Team 3966 are collecting socks for Socks for the Sox, a holiday outreach drive lead by the Evil Purple Sox FTC Team 8498. We need your help gathering socks to donate to our local Knoxville charity, and you can bring new and unused socks in the green recycling bin in the front office. We'll be collecting socks until December 4th, so please consider helping us give back to the community!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Nominate yourself for the GE Reagan Foundation Scholarship worth 40K. You need to demonstrate the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, citizenship. You must also require financial assistance and hold a 3.0 GPA to apply. Please email me if you are planning to apply or have questions.
· Nominate yourself for the Gates Millennial Scholarships if you have a
2.7GPA + are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, or a Hispanic American who has significant financial need.
· Seniors who missed picking up your TN Promise packets can pick them up from the guidance office.
Quote of the day from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)