GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, September 27, 2016 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Monday at the golf Region Championship Reece Walker finished 6th overall and qualified for the State Championship next Tues and Wed. Abbey Morgan also finished 6th and just missed qualifying. The girls team finished 4th overall, only 9 strokes behind the winning team. Way to go Golfing Gryphons! Congrats Coach Waxmonsky, too!
· Class of 2019! Get excited for our Fall Social! Meet us at Oaks Farms on Saturady October 1, at 6:15pm for a Flashlight Cornmaze and other fun activities! All you need is a flashlight and $11. There is a special offer on the table...if we can get 20 or more people...we all get $2 off! We hope to see you for this harvest adventure!
· Hey students! Want your photos from this school year in your 2016-17 yearbook? Go to the App Store and search for "ReplayIt." Once downloaded, the app is simple, self-explanatory, and easy to use! Just upload your favorite (appropriate) pictures from this summer/this year to share them with the yearbook staff!
· Yearbooks are on sale! Make sure to stop by the office and pick up an order form, or go to www.jostens.com to order yours today. Yearbooks are $55 for a limited time only, so make sure to order yours as soon as possible before the price goes up. Also, if you order quickly, you can get up to four free icons by your name in the yearbook! Make sure to follow @STEMYB on Twitter to stay up-to-date on yearbook prices and updates throughout the year.
· Lip Sync Battle 2016! Who are STEM's most talented, voiceless performers? Find out Thursday, September 29, at 7PM on the plaza. Bring a chair and a $3 donation and watch students take on A-ha, Kiss, Britney Spears, The Beastie Boys, N'Sync, Billy Joel, and 10 more high-energy performances.
· The Gryphon Coffee Nook is looking for more volunteers to hel;p out! We need people for M3, M4, and N1, in particular. We always welcome others if you have another block you want to work! Please contact S977564@student.knoxschools.org to work a block!
· The student-led Bible study Genius Hour is planning on gathering at the flagpole in the faculty parking lot at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept 28 and they invite all to join them. This is part of a national movement. Go to http://syatp.com for more info and history behind the event.
· P.A.K. (Planned Acts of Kindness) has started a canned food drive for Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee that will run up to this Friday, 9/30. We have a barrel that is located in the front office lobby to drop off non-perishable canned goods. Join with us in the spirit of kindness and bring a can or two. Every little bit makes a difference!
· Students – do you play NHL17 on Xbox One?! Join our school’s EASHL Team – look for “L N STEM Academy Gryphons” to join. If you have questions, email S753559@student.knoxschools.org
Community & Guidance Ops:
· College representatives! The following reps will be here next week. Email email@example.com or check in with guidance to sign up:
o Vanderbilt University, Nasvhille, Tues, 9/27, 12:30 pm
o TN Tech, Cookeville, Wed, 9/28, 12:15 pm
· Students, the A21 Walk For Freedom is coming up. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is an organization that helps as a global community to illuminate human trafficking, and raise funds to rescue those who are victimized by it. It will be held on October 15,2016 at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium form 8:30am-10:30am. To register go to www.A21.org/Knoxville
· Do you have a digital Lab N3 or N4? We will need help this Friday, Sept 30 to set up for the Great Llama Race on World’s Fair Park. Dress to be outside and tell Mrs. Ashe when you sign in for lab that you want to volunteer – need those periods only.
Quote of the day from Ralph Marston:
Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school