GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, December 19, 2016 – “M” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
M1, M2, M3 & M4 Midterm Exams today
Early Release Schedule
· Big congrats to the Gryphon Swim & Dive team, who remain undefeated beating Webb and Grace Academy on Sunday! Final Score STEM 229.5 – Webb 133.5 and Grace 10. Gryphons’ next meet is January 7th at Science Hill. Way to go!!
· Junior Class Social!!
When: December 21st, Wednesday @ 1:30-3:00pm
Where: Knoxville Ice Chalet
What: Ice Skating
Bring $12 for skating and skate rental
· Congratulations to the Senior Superlatives for the Class of 2017! Following a student nomination and voting period, the following were chosen by their peers:
o Gryphon of Merit: Jacob Samar and Emily Bretscher
o The Professional: Cameron Johnson and Abigail Morgan
o The Innovator: Daniel Bueckman and Julia Pavon
o The Collaborator: Kishan Tailor and Erin Bennett
o The Inquirer: Paul Schwarzentraub and Cat Long
o The Critical Thinker: Chase Compton and Sydney Fuhrig
o The Designer: Austin Bradley and Emily Chapin
· Freshmen, make plans to join your class social at Jump Jam on Wednesday, Dec 21st from 6:00 -7:00 p.m.! The cost is $10. Stop by the table in the Commons at all three lunches and before school to pay and pick up a form you must have signed and bring with you to Jump Jam. Go Class of 2020!
· Last days for the cheapest price they will be this year! Prom committee is selling single prom tickets in the commons for $40 now through December 21st. Don’t wait, after Winter Break the prices go up!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 8/9 online score reports are now available to students. Visit psat.org/scorereport to see yours today! Videos, presentations, and other resources have been posted on the School Counseling page of STEM's website under the "Test Prep and Test Info" tab on the left side of the screen. Resources for the PSAT/NMSQT can also be accessed directly by visiting: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10. Resources for the PSAT 8/9 can be accessed here: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9/scores. Paper copies of scores will be distributed to students during lunch as the school receives them. Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have further questions after exploring these resources.
· ACT invites students to join them for a free online event to help prepare for the ACT– a live session covering all four subject areas on the ACT test. ACT expert instructors will outline the most commonly tested concepts on the ACT and provide an overview of the powerful interactive instruction available through ACT®Kaplan® Online Prep Live. Students may bookmark this page: http://onlinepreplive.com/ and plan on joining ACT on the above date. If they can’t make the live event, check back later for a free on-demand recording of the presentation.
Quote of the day from German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school
Mid-term Exam and end of semester schedule:
• Exams/ last day to meet M1, 2, 3, 4, Monday, Dec 19
• Only meet L1 & L2 - Tues, Dec 20 - dismiss at 12:36 p.m. (with permission). Limited breakfast and lunch service.
• Only meet N1 & N2 - Wed, Dec 21 - dismiss at 12:36 p.m. (with permission). Limited breakfast and lunch service.
• Make-up day - Thurs, Dec 22 – only students with appointments to make up work should be here on 12/22. No cafeteria service at all.