GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, December 2, 2016 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Freshmen, Class of 2020 – your class officers board has a fast survey for you about a class social. Follow this link: https://goo.gl/RZc7Kx
· Hey Sophomores! The winter social is here! At popular request the social will be....ICE SKATING this Saturday, December 3 from 7:00-10:00pm at the Ice Chalet on Kingston Pike. There is a $6 entrance fee and $6 skate rental fee. You also may want to bring some extra money if you plan on grabbing something from the concession stand. Even if you are not a fan of skating, we would still love to see you; come hang out with your friends by the fireplace and play some games! We hope to see many of you Saturday night!
· Don’t forget – we’re collecting cash, diapers, formula, and unopened pet food or treats Friday only to be donated to Gatlinburg wildfire survivors. Everything helps – just drop off at office today only!
· Are you interested in math competitions? If you're up for the challenge, Mu Alpha Theta is hosting a math competition on Monday, December 12, at 3:30 PM in Room 207. There is no registration, so all you have to do is show up. It will only take about 45 minutes. There is no cost involved.
· Hey everybody! Prom committee will be selling single prom tickets in the commons for $40 now through December 21st. This is the lowest price of the year! Don’t wait, after Winter Break the prices go up!
· Looking for a fun and unexpected gift for a STEM friend? Donate $12.50 to the Gryphon Coffee Nook to receive a 10-drink punch card for your friend or favorite faculty member. If you're someone who never has cash with you, this might be a perfect gift...for yourself! From regular coffee and herbal teas to vanilla cappuccino, hot chocolate, and caramel apple cider, we're sure to have something for everybody! Drop by the Media Center to pick one up or fill out the following form https://goo.gl/forms/WA4axTTY3WcjHLTo2 and then drop off cash or check to the attention of the Coffee Nook.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· From your counselors: Sometimes it’s just not possible to sort through tough times alone. Problems can build up and you may lose sleep or find it hard to concentrate on your school work. When you need to talk to someone, your school counselor can be a great place to start.
School counselors are trained to take your problem seriously, listen, and help — it doesn’t have to be just about school stuff. A counselor can help you deal with the sadness of when someone has died as well as advise you on taking the right classes to get into your dream college.
Please remember to first check in with your teacher before going to the school counseling office if you are having an emergency. If you would like to have a meeting about a non-urgent matter, email your school counselor to set up a time that works for both of you. Know that you always have a safe place to talk, draw, or just have someone sit quietly near you while you process on your own.
Quote of the day from Mark Twain:
Do not go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school