For Monday, May 20, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
FINAL EXAM PERIOD
· Students who turned in early release permission slips last week will be dismissed at the end of 2nd block today. At that time, all students must move either to the Commons Area for lunch or directly where you’re going off campus. You will NOT be allowed to leave campus and come back to catch buses at 4:30. You may, however, check out through the front office when your make-up work or tutoring is completed (following normal check out rules).
· If you are currently recovering a credit or enrolled in new credit through the Odyssey program, you MUST complete your course(s) by tomorrow! If you do not complete by this time, you will have to start the Odyssey course over (under Knox County's new guidelines) or earn the credit through an alternate means (i.e. retaking it next year or enrolling in traditional summer school). See Mrs. Salerno if you have questions.
· National Honor Society will meet on today, May 20 at 8:45 in Room 214.
· Car riders – they will be setting up for an event for 15,000 Destination Imagination participants this week – SO, this whole week - all cars need to use alternate drop off AND pick up locations!
· If you ordered t-shirts from the PTSA this spring you can pick them up in the front office any day this week.
· Congratulations to the following Juniors for their outstanding participation and leadership during their second year of representing L & N STEM at the Children's Festival of Reading on the World's Fair site on Saturday. Carly Johnson, Bailee Smith, Ben Croisdale, Ben Fomby, Luke Layton, CJ Johnson, Ethan Kearns, Kenneth Foster, Noelle French, Megan Samples, and Miles Veach braved the rain and shared their talents, energy, and enthusiasm (along with a healthy dose of scientific knowledge!) in a great, fun way! Their young audience was VERY enthusiastic as they learned about different kinds of music, saw magical paper animals, made drums, and tried to sail "boat loads" of money! A great time was had by all! Way to go, team!!
· Reminder – if you are planning on not being here next year you must officially withdraw from our school. There is a form to pick up in the front office you will complete so your records and grades will follow you to your next school. You must also turn in your iPad, case, and charger to avoid fines.
Quote of the day from Thomas Edison
I will not say I failed 1000 times. I will say that I discovered there are 1000 ways that can cause failure --
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism