For Wednesday, May 8, 2013
"N" Schedule Day
ACADEMIC PUSH PERIOD – NO Early Release
· If you are currently recovering a credit or enrolled in new credit through the Odyssey program, you MUST complete your course(s) by May 21. If you do not complete by this time, you will have to start the Odyssey course over (under Knox County's new guidelines) or earn the credit through an alternate means (i.e. retaking it next year or enrolling in traditional summer school). See Mrs. Salerno if you have questions.
· All checked out materials are due in the Media Center by Friday, May 17. This includes books, USB drives, and SD cards. No materials will be checked out after this date. If you have outstanding fines and/or overdue books, please see Mrs. Ellis immediately.
· See the attached form if you are interested in Credit Recovery courses this summer. The first (2 week) session is for courses in which you are currently enrolled and do not pass (must finish with a minimum average to be eligible). The second (3 week) session may be used for finishing old or getting new credit. You must complete the application and turn it in to Mrs. Salerno to be considered.
· Interested in traveling abroad over Spring Break 2014? Have you always dreamed of visiting France, Ireland, Italy, or England? If so, come to the interest meeting on May 10th at 8:45 in Room 214. We will discuss where we want to travel, the cost, and what you need to do now to prepare for a trip of a lifetime.
· This Friday there is an event at World’s Fair Park so we need to use alternate drop off and pick up both morning and afternoon on Friday.
This week and next is the window for state EoCs and AP exams. Watch every day for a separate “TESTING Announcement” in your email box.
Please remember that even though you are taking state End of Course Exams, your courses are not over. Your teachers still have assignments, projects, and something to be in class for everyday! Finish strong!
Brown Bags: RSVP to Mr. Smith – you MUST email or check in with your Advisory teacher to attend any Brown Bag event. Attendance will be taken!
· Friday, May 10– We are planning on an extra-special brown bag guest for this Friday. We’ll announce the name as soon as we get confirmation from the speaker’s office.
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· Summer School info – applications available online now. Click on “guidance” tab on our website for more info.
· If you’re filling out testing or college paperwork, our school’s CEEB code is 431118. See Mrs. Salerno or the Guidance page on our web site for more.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Teens for Christ: Mondays from 8:45 – 9:15 in D113.
· Young Life: Wednesdays from 8:45 – 9:15 in the Mezzanine.
· Venture Club (STEM career post of scouting) meets Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 in room 202.
· Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) meets every Friday during 2nd lunch in room 222. This group is about spreading tolerance of diversity in all its forms - all are welcome.
· Peer study group meets every Tuesday from 5:00 – 7:30 at the Lawson McGhee library (downtown branch).
Quote of the day from George Edward Woodberry
Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism