For Monday, May 6, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
ACADEMIC PUSH PERIOD
· If you are currently recovering a credit or enrolled in new credit through the Odyssey program, you MUST complete your course(s) by May 21. If you do not complete by this time, you will have to start the Odyssey course over (under Knox County's new guidelines) or earn the credit through an alternate means (i.e. retaking it next year or enrolling in traditional summer school). See Mrs. Salerno if you have questions.
· Good luck to our track team athletes who are competing today at the Sub-sectional qualifying meet. Run Gryphons, Run!
· No learning lab meetings this week in the Depot before school due to testing schedules.
· Interested in traveling abroad over Spring Break 2014? Have you always dreamed of visiting France, Ireland, Italy, or England? If so, come to the interest meeting on May 10th at 8:45 in Room 214. We will discuss where we want to travel, the cost, and what you need to do now to prepare for a trip of a lifetime.
· Thanks to all who came out to support SGA at the dance Saturday night. We appreciate the appropriate behavior and dress by our students. It looked like everyone had a great time – we’ll see you at the Fall SGA dance!
This week and next is the window for state EoCs and AP exams. Watch every day for a separate “TESTING Announcement” in your email box.
Please remember that even though you are taking state End of Course Exams, your courses are not over. Your teachers still have assignments, projects, and something to be in class for everyday! Finish strong!
Brown Bags: RSVP to Mr. Smith – you MUST email or check in with your Advisory teacher to attend any Brown Bag event. Attendance will be taken!
· Friday, May 10– We are planning on an extra-special brown bag guest for this Friday. We’ll announce the name as soon as we get confirmation from the speaker’s office.
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· Summer School info – applications available online now. Click on “guidance” tab on our website for more info.
· If you’re filling out testing or college paperwork, our school’s CEEB code is 431118. See Mrs. Salerno or the Guidance page on our web site for more.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Teens for Christ: Mondays from 8:45 – 9:15 in D113.
· Young Life: Wednesdays from 8:45 – 9:15 in the Mezzanine.
· Venture Club (STEM career post of scouting) meets Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 in room 202.
· Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) meets every Friday during 2nd lunch in room 222. This group is about spreading tolerance of diversity in all its forms - all are welcome.
· Peer study group meets every Tuesday from 5:00 – 7:30 at the Lawson McGhee library (downtown branch).
Quote of the day from Nelson Mandela,
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism