LAST GRYPHON ANNOUNCEMENTS
For 2012-13 School Year!
"N" Schedule Day
FINAL EXAM PERIOD
· Be reminded students – if you did not return an early dismissal slip you must check out through the front office according to normal procedures to leave before 4:30. We take roll in the Commons Area after lunch (at 12:55) – students not properly checked out or having returned permission slips are counted as being off campus without permission – which is an Out of School Suspension – don’t start next year on suspension! Be where you are supposed to be!
· Yearbooks are here – you can pick them up in the BookStore before 9:30 and after 12:20 today.
· Car riders – they will be setting up for an event for 15,000 Destination Imagination participants this week – SO, this whole week - all cars need to use alternate drop off AND pick up locations!
· If you ordered t-shirts from the PTSA this spring you can pick them up in the front office any day this week.
· Congratulations to the following Juniors for their outstanding participation and leadership during their second year of representing L & N STEM at the Children's Festival of Reading on the World's Fair site on Saturday. Carly Johnson, Bailee Smith, Ben Croisdale, Ben Fomby, Luke Layton, CJ Johnson, Ethan Kearns, Kenneth Foster, Noelle French, Megan Samples, and Miles Veach braved the rain and shared their talents, energy, and enthusiasm (along with a healthy dose of scientific knowledge!) in a great, fun way! Their young audience was VERY enthusiastic as they learned about different kinds of music, saw magical paper animals, made drums, and tried to sail "boat loads" of money! A great time was had by all! Way to go, team!!
· Congratulations to L&N winners of the recent Public Service Announcement contest sponsored by the Metropolitan Drug Commission and Knox County Health Department. STEM's Team KAK placed first in the Legal Can Be Lethal category, and their PSA will be aired on TV this summer. In addition to their PSA being shown on TV, each 1st-place winner received a $100 iTunes gift card.
Legal Can Be Lethal: 1st- Team KAK (L&N) Kiersten Morris, Alli Lapps, and Katie Chase; 2nd- Crash Test Smarties (L&N) Clay Lockett, Griffen Lewis, Jacklynn Davidson, Tori Hinton, and Madeline Lonas
My Body, My Future: 2nd- Team 14/15 (L&N) Tiffani Whittenberg, Deeanna Witt, and Rowan Howell
People’s Choice: Team KAK (L&N), Team 14/15 (L&N)
· Reminder – if you are planning on not being here next year you must officially withdraw from our school. There is a form to pick up in the front office you will complete so your records and grades will follow you to your next school. You must also turn in your iPad, case, and charger to avoid fines.
· One last reminder – check your school email account and our website regularly (weekly) over the summer. We’ll be posting information about summer reading assignments for classes, schoolwide social events, and updates. Don’t miss out – stay informed!
Quote of the day from Sam Keen
Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.
From all the administration, faculty, and staff – Have a great summer – enjoy yourself, rejuvenate yourself – we’ll see you at the social in June!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism