For Monday, April 14, 2014
· Congrats on a successful first prom for the L&N over the weekend! We had a great turnout, and despite all the other activity on Market Square and downtown it sounded like everyone was able to have an enjoyable evening.
o Congrats to our first ever Prom King and Queen: Ben Fomby and Carly Johson
o Special thanks to the Prom Sponsors – Mrs. Brown and Ms. Stanish
o Appreciation to the prom committee who worked all year on fundraising so tickets wouldn’t be $100 each!
o To start working on next year’s prom – STUDENTS WHO ATTENDED THIS WEEKEND’S PROM may wear their prom attire to school tomorrow for a $5 donation payable in the front office.
· Heads up on visitors – you’ve received information from Mr. Childers about a national tech company in the building Monday and Tuesday, and we also will be having future student tours at 10:00 Monday and 2:00 Tuesday. Please remember your professionalism!
· Lost TI-84 silver graphing calculator, last seen in Chemistry lab. Please turn in to the office if found.
· Students taking any AP Exam will need to attend the pre-fill session at 11am on April 22nd to complete their student pack. Location TBA.
· Help is needed at the Children’s Festival of Reading at the World’s Fair Park on Saturday, May 17. Volunteers are needed to help the Muse of Knoxville in presenting several activities in the Science Village portion of the event. You would be helping demonstrate the activities and helping younger children. Email Mrs. Ellis if interested for information on how to sign up for a shift and select your shirt size for the free t-shirt!
· Sports physicals will be available on April 26th at 8:00 a.m. at Thompson-Boling Arena. These physicals will be good for the 2014-2015 school year. The cost is only $10. Physical forms are available from the L&N STEM athletics website. Please bring a physical form to participate.
· One of our own, Hayden Marshall, is an explorer with the Knoxville Police Department. His unit is trying to raise money to help a fallen comrade in the Union County force. Please email Hayden directly for more information about how you can contribute.
· IMPORTANT!: Course Selection forms were due on March 28th, 2014. Students will NOT receive a 2014-2015 schedule until the Course Selection form has been signed by a parent and turned into guidance.
· Summer and Scholarshp Opportunities: check the College/Career webpage for summer programs in business, accounting, test prep, architecture, materials science, engineering, and more. Deadlines are soon.
· Chess club meets Wednesday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15 in room 202.
· Equality club meets Tuesday mornings 8:50 – 9:15 in room 104.
· Teens for Christ, Monday mornings in room D112
Quote of the day from Ken Venturi:
I don’t believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism