For Wednesday, April 16, 2014
“N” Day – Early Release Schedule
· ACT scores from the March test will be distributed to Juniors in the Commons area today at the beginning of Early Dismissal (3:30). Be sure to stop by and pick yours up!
· Students are invited, just for fun, to sign up with your own brackets for the NHL playoffs that are beginning. Here’s a link to an open group set up for the L&N STEM Academy faculty and students: http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/leagues/30479?locale=en
· The AP Stats class is doing a research project. Please take a minute to help them collect data by clicking here and taking their short survey.
· English EOC Study Sessions for L&N students: April 22nd-24th and April 28th-30th. Free food and learning! You need to sign up so we can plan for the food. Sign up today by going to the following link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B44A9A62FABF94-english For more info, see the flyer attached to these announcements.
· Students taking any AP Exam will need to attend the pre-fill session at 11am on April 22nd to complete their student pack. Location TBA.
· Help is needed at the Children’s Festival of Reading at the World’s Fair Park on Saturday, May 17. Volunteers are needed to help the Muse of Knoxville in presenting several activities in the Science Village portion of the event. You would be helping demonstrate the activities and helping younger children. Email Mrs. Ellis if interested for information on how to sign up for a shift and select your shirt size for the free t-shirt!
· Sports physicals will be available on April 26th at 8:00 a.m. at Thompson-Boling Arena. These physicals will be good for the 2014-2015 school year. The cost is only $10. Physical forms are available from the L&N STEM athletics website. Please bring a physical form to participate.
· Summer and Scholarshp Opportunities: check the College/Career webpage for summer programs in business, accounting, test prep, architecture, materials science, engineering, and more. Deadlines are soon.
· Chess club meets Wednesday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15 in room 202.
· Equality club meets Tuesday mornings 8:50 – 9:15 in room 104.
· Teens for Christ, Monday mornings in room D112
Quote of the day from H. Jackson Brown, Jr.:
Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo DaVinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism