For Friday, April 11, 2014
· ALL STUDENTS: We know today will be managed chaos with prom tomorrow and a large field trip today. We are asking you to be mindful of practicing professionalism today and helping out the subs in your classes and behaving in ways that will make your teachers.
· Lost TI-84 silver graphing calculator, last seen in Chemistry lab. Please turn in to the office if found.
· Students taking any AP Exam will need to attend the pre-fill session at 11am on April 22nd to complete their student pack. Location TBA.
· Reminder to students: Our campus boundaries are the sidewalks nearest our building next to the Veterans’ Memorial. The grassy area between the buses and memorial is not our campus. We cannot be playing ball or spending “free time” on that area, and we cannot be pitching or passing balls that are likely to cause damage (something heavy like a football) in the parking lot between cars. Thank you for your cooperation.
· Help is needed at the Children’s Festival of Reading at the World’s Fair Park on Saturday, May 17. Volunteers are needed to help the Muse of Knoxville in presenting several activities in the Science Village portion of the event. You would be helping demonstrate the activities and helping younger children. Email Mrs. Ellis if interested for information on how to sign up for a shift and select your shirt size for the free t-shirt!
· All students in English I, II, or III: please visit the following link ASAP to participate in a 3-question survey to help teachers effectively plan study sessions to prepare you for your course EOC (25% of your total grade!):
· Sports physicals will be available on April 26th at 8:00 a.m. at Thompson-Boling Arena. These physicals will be good for the 2014-2015 school year. The cost is only $10. Physical forms are available from the L&N STEM athletics website. Please bring a physical form to participate.
· One of our own, Hayden Marshall, is an explorer with the Knoxville Police Department. His unit is trying to raise money to help a fallen comrade in the Union County force. Please email Hayden directly for more information about how you can contribute.
· IMPORTANT!: Course Selection forms were due on March 28th, 2014. Students will NOT receive a 2014-2015 schedule until the Course Selection form has been signed by a parent and turned into guidance.
· Summer and Scholarshp Opportunities: check the College/Career webpage for summer programs in business, accounting, test prep, architecture, materials science, engineering, and more. Deadlines are soon.
· Chess club meets Wednesday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15 in room 202.
· Equality club meets Tuesday mornings 8:50 – 9:15 in room 104.
· Teens for Christ, Monday mornings in room D112
Quote of the day from Albert Einstein:
I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism