For Thursday, April 24, 2014
· We need to practice professionalism and leave SGA campaign posters alone. There have been a couple instances of signs pulled down – this is NOT acceptable. Please help us out and model the grown up behavior of respecting other people’s property and efforts throughout this campaign.
· This Friday, 4/25, parents need to use alternate drop off and pick up locations. Worlds Fair Park Drive will be closed to traffic as they set up for the JDRF Walk this weekend. Please make plans now!
· Next Wednesday, April 30, we will distribute yearbooks during the Early Release hour. There will be a few extra you can purchase on-site for $70 cash. Plan now and bring your signing pen!
· Help is needed at the Children’s Festival of Reading at the World’s Fair Park on Saturday, May 17. Volunteers are needed to help the Muse of Knoxville in presenting several activities in the Science Village portion of the event. You would be helping demonstrate the activities and helping younger children. Email Mrs. Ellis if interested for information on how to sign up for a shift and select your shirt size for the free t-shirt!
· Sports physicals will be available on April 26th at 8:00 a.m. at Thompson-Boling Arena. These physicals will be good for the 2014-2015 school year. The cost is only $10. Physical forms are available from the L&N STEM athletics website. Please bring a physical form to participate.
· Summer and Scholarship Opportunities: check the College/Career webpage for summer programs in business, accounting, test prep, architecture, materials science, engineering, and more. Deadlines are soon.
· Chess club meets Wednesday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15 in room 202.
· Equality club meets Tuesday mornings 8:50 – 9:15 in room 104.
· Teens for Christ, Monday mornings in room D112
Quote of the day from Eleanor Roosevelt:
It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism