For Thursday, April 10, 2014
· Big thanks to the students who represented us Wednesday night at the Bijou Theatre for the education speaker gathering. Mrs. Ellis heard many comments and compliments about your professional manners and bearing. Even being in the spotlight (literally) on the stage in front of all those people – you each represented yourselves and your school very well! Thank you!
· Reminder to students: Our campus boundaries are the sidewalks nearest our building next to the Veterans’ Memorial. The grassy area between the buses and memorial is not our campus. We cannot be playing ball or spending “free time” on that area, and we cannot be pitching or passing balls that are likely to cause damage (something heavy like a football) in the parking lot between cars. Thank you for your cooperation.
· Help is needed at the Children’s Festival of Reading at the World’s Fair Park on Saturday, May 17. Volunteers are needed to help the Muse of Knoxville in presenting several activities in the Science Village portion of the event. You would be helping demonstrate the activities and helping younger children. Email Mrs. Ellis if interested for information on how to sign up for a shift and select your shirt size for the free t-shirt!
· All students in English I, II, or III: please visit the following link ASAP to participate in a 3-question survey to help teachers effectively plan study sessions to prepare you for your course EOC (25% of your total grade!):
· Sports physicals will be available on April 26th at 8:00 a.m. at Thompson-Boling Arena. These physicals will be good for the 2014-2015 school year. The cost is only $10. Physical forms are available from the L&N STEM athletics website. Please bring a physical form to participate.
· One of our own, Hayden Marshall, is an explorer with the Knoxville Police Department. His unit is trying to raise money to help a fallen comrade in the Union County force. Please email Hayden directly for more information about how you can contribute.
· IMPORTANT!: Course Selection forms were due on March 28th, 2014. Students will NOT receive a 2014-2015 schedule until the Course Selection form has been signed by a parent and turned into guidance.
· Summer and Scholarshp Opportunities: check the College/Career webpage for summer programs in business, accounting, test prep, architecture, materials science, engineering, and more. Deadlines are soon.
· Chess club meets Wednesday mornings from 8:30 – 9:15 in room 202.
· Equality club meets Tuesday mornings 8:50 – 9:15 in room 104.
· Teens for Christ, Monday mornings in room D112
Quote of the day from Steve Jobs:
The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
Spring 2014 PTSA t-shirt design