For Thursday, October 30, 2014
“N” Day Classes
Throwback Thursday - Spirit Week!
· Interested in Track and Field team? The first conditioning is today from 4:45 – 5:45. Bring your gear and participate!
· Don’t forget to buy your ticket for this Friday’s Trunk or Treat sponsored by the National Honor Society. For $3 you’ll get a ticket that will allow you to “trick or treat” from teachers during your lunch hour on Friday.
· Spirit week is here – plan to participate every day!
o Thursday – Throwback Thursday
o Friday –Fandom Friday – be a fan girl/boy for the day!
Buy your dance tickets for the “Light the Night” dance on Saturday, Nov 1, from 7:00 – 10:00 in our Commons. Tickets on sale at lunch everyday, $8 for single, $14 for couple. ALSO – support your class by buying spirit links at lunch, they are 25 cents each. All monies go towards your class graduation fees. Length of chains will factor into spirit week winning class competition. Support your class!
· L & N STEM 3rd annual school-wide National History Day competition will be January 30, 2015. It is time to mark your calendar now and begin work on a project for the topic "Leadership and Legacy in History" . You are welcome to compete even if your teacher does not require a project! The website for National History Day has all the details. See Mrs. Robbins if you have questions.
Opportunities to be active:
· The Knoxville Football Club (soccer) is proud to announce the inaugural “Crush 4K” that will take place on November 8th at Lakeshore Park. The aim of this race is to provide a great opportunity for our players, parents, friends, and the running community of Knoxville to support the Knoxville Football Club in their effort to promote fitness, a healthy lifestyle, and support this non-profit club in their goal of raising funds. For more information go to http://www.knoxvillefootballclub.org/home/837869.html
· Volunteers are being sought for next spring’s Llama Races to be held again in World’s Fair Park. Many positions are available and they are seeking volunteers. Call 865-690-3323, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Guidance Office:
· All seniors are encouraged to sign up for TN Promise (even as a backup plan). Deadline is Nov 1 – this Saturday - to sign up. Find more information at http://tnpromise.gov
Clubs and reminders:
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to email@example.com
· Every summer has it's story... and we want to hear yours! Please send in your fun filled summer photos and what you did to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be in the Yearbook! Also, if you worked or volunteered over the summer, please email email@example.com a description of what you did and some awesome photos.
Quote of the day from John Wooden:
Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)