For Wednesday, October 8, 2014
“L” Day Classes
· Photographers will be here for yearbook make-up photos on October 16. You must have order envelope filled out for all pictures for proper identification in the yearbook. If you choose to order, you need payment to turn in when they take your picture. Order envelopes are in the front office. Stop by and pick one up if needed.
· Reminder, this Friday is an Early Release Day. Students may not leave our campus (that includes going to Worlds Fair Park) and return to ride a school bus at 4:30. Please make other plans to get home anytime after 2:30.
· L & N STEM 3rd annual school-wide National History Day competition will be January 30, 2015. It is time to mark your calendar now and begin work on a project for the topic "Leadership and Legacy in History" . You are welcome to compete even if your teacher does not require a project! The website for National History Day has all the details. See Mrs. Robbins if you have questions.
· We seem to be getting forgetful, students. Here’s a list of items reported lost over the last couple weeks – silver TI-84 calculator. Last seen in D116. Beats headphones case. Beats headphones (not same owner as case). If any of them are found, please bring to the office.
· There will be an interest meeting for Climbing Club/team on Tuesday, Oct 7, at 9:00 in room 104 (computer lab off Commons).
· Spirit week is coming! October 27 – 31. Class competitions, theme dress up days, games, pep rally, and a fall dance for all students on November 1. Mark your calendars now and watch your email for details!
Opportunities to be active:
· The Knoxville Football Club (soccer) is proud to announce the inaugural “Crush 4K” that will take place on November 8th at Lakeshore Park. The aim of this race is to provide a great opportunity for our players, parents, friends, and the running community of Knoxville to support the Knoxville Football Club in their effort to promote fitness, a healthy lifestyle, and support this non-profit club in their goal of raising funds. For more information go to http://www.knoxvillefootballclub.org/home/837869.html
· Volunteers are being sought for next spring’s Llama Races to be held again in World’s Fair Park. Many positions are available and they are seeking volunteers. Call 865-690-3323, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
From the Guidance Office:
· All seniors are encouraged to sign up for TN Promise (even as a backup plan). It sends the message to ourselves and our community that the expectation is that every single graduate will be going to post-secondary schooling of some kind. Deadline is Nov 1 to sign up. Find more information at http://tnpromise.gov
Clubs and reminders:
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Students are invited to submit their work to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Every summer has it's story... and we want to hear yours! Please send in your fun filled summer photos and what you did to email@example.com for a chance to be in the Yearbook! Also, if you worked or volunteered over the summer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a description of what you did and some awesome photos.
Quote of the day from Anonymous
Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)