GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, August 24, 2015 – “M” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Students – the guidance department needs your help! They are creating a “brag” sheet for students to use when applying for scholarships, college admissions, etc., but need more data from you. Please take a moment by the end of the day Tuesday to visit the survey found at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LZBCKWB . We’d love to have 100% participation!
· Teens for Christ will begin for this school year tomorrow morning – they meet Mondays at 8:55 in room D113. See Dr. Bretscher if your have questions.
· If you are interested in joining the ultimate frisbee team, practices start today (Monday) on Worlds Fair Park until 6:30. Practices are on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. More information will be given out at practice. Any questions email email@example.com.
· All SGA applications should be dropped off with Ms. Ellis in the Media Center. If she's not there, leave your application in the box on the big table.
Anyone interested in having a voice in the planning and implementing of school-wide events, please consider joining our Student Government Association (SGA). If you missed the interest meeting, stop by the Media Center (Library) to learn about it and pick up an SGA application.
· Students, want to go to Italy this spring break? We'll tour Florence, Assisi, and Rome, visiting the Basilica of St. Francis, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, and much more! Join Mr. Webb and Mr. Mangone for an interest meeting to be held THIS Thursday, August 27 at 6pm in the Commons. All the details will be presented there. To learn more about the trip now, visit: http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1650764XE.
· If you are interested in learning more about, or joining TSA (the Technology Student Association) there will be an informational THIS Thursday, August 27th in the Mezzanine that will last about 30 minutes starting after school is over. TSA members compete in local, state, and national competitions with events based in STEM and Fine Art concepts. This past summer, the L&N STEM Academy's TSA Chapter received national recognition at the National Conference in Dallas, TX and was ranked the number one high school in the state of Tennessee. With this being said, we ask that you consider joining this club and I hope to see you all the 27th! (Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions).
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Learn more about potential colleges to visit by talking to their reps who come to campus! Stop by guidance or email email@example.com to reserve a spot for any or all of these reps:
o Tennessee State University, Wed., 8/26, 9:00 – 9:30
o Vanderbilt University, Wed., 9/2, 1:00 – 1:30
o Roanoke College, Thurs, 9/3, 12:30 – 1:00
Quote of the day from Ralph Waldo Emerson:
That which lies before us and behind us is nothing compared to what lies within us.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)