GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, August 26, 2015 – “N” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Anyone interested in our Climbing Club/team – competition season starts soon! Email email@example.com for more info and how to get involved!
· Students – first meeting of the Equality Club will be held on the plaza this morning, Wednesday Aug 26, at 9:00 a.m. Come join us!
· The PSAT is an optional exam for 9th-11th grade students. It is the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying test (NMSQT) for juniors. The test date is Wednesday, October 14, 2015 (day we return from Fall Break) at school. Registration deadline is Friday, September 18; bring $20 fee and school's registration form to Guidance. Not sure if taking the PSAT is the right move for you? Click HERE to learn more about the PSAT.
· Reminder for Open Block students (ESPECIALLY SOPHOMORES) if you have middle of the day open block: now that UT is back in session, you must always sign out WITH someone. DO NOT walk off campus alone. Sophomores must limit your visits off campus to the path from our school to the Starbuck’s at Hilton, the YMCA, or the KMA. Remember – open block check out is a privilege that can be lost! Be trustworthy!
· If you are interested in joining the ultimate frisbee team, practices are on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays until 6:30. More information will be given out at practice. Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· All SGA applications should be dropped off with Ms. Ellis in the Media Center. If she's not there, leave your application in the box on the big table.
Anyone interested in having a voice in the planning and implementing of school-wide events, please consider joining our Student Government Association (SGA). If you missed the interest meeting, stop by the Media Center (Library) to learn about it and pick up an SGA application.
· Students, want to go to Italy this spring break? We'll tour Florence, Assisi, and Rome, visiting the Basilica of St. Francis, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, and much more! Join Mr. Webb and Mr. Mangone for an interest meeting to be held THIS Thursday, August 27 at 6pm in the Commons. All the details will be presented there. To learn more about the trip now, visit: http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1650764XE.
· If you are interested in learning more about, or joining TSA (the Technology Student Association) there will be an informational THIS Thursday, August 27th in the Mezzanine that will last about 30 minutes starting after school is over. TSA members compete in local, state, and national competitions with events based in STEM and Fine Art concepts. This past summer, the L&N STEM Academy's TSA Chapter received national recognition at the National Conference in Dallas, TX and was ranked the number one high school in the state of Tennessee. With this being said, we ask that you consider joining this club and I hope to see you all the 27th! (Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions).
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Learn more about potential colleges to visit by talking to their reps who come to campus! Stop by guidance or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot for any or all of these reps:
o Tennessee State University, Wed., 8/26, 9:00 – 9:30
o Vanderbilt University, Wed., 9/2, 1:00 – 1:30
o Roanoke College, Thurs, 9/3, 12:30 – 1:00
Quote of the day from Elbert Hubbard:
Responsibility is the price of freedom.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)