All freshmen received this email this afternoon.
Please share this email with your parents. This is extremely important information.
Our goal is to hand out iPads on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Here are things you need to know:
- Because we are transitioning from iPads to MacAirs, you will receive the iPad 3's currently being used by this year's seniors.
- These iPads should be in good working order, even if there may be a few dings and dents along the way.
- They will be updated to the newest iOS, checked for damaged screens and other anomalies, and reset to factory settings when you receive them.
- You are responsible for providing a case for the iPads when you pick them up. Any case that will cover the 4 corners of the iPad and the screen will be fine.
- Several apps that you will need for school will be provided a day or two after you receive the iPad. We will email you an invitation to download the apps from Self Service.
- There is a small possibility that we will not have enough iPads to cover every freshmen in this first round. A few iPads will need to be shipped away for repairs before we hand them out. Our apologies if you fall into this category. We will do everything in our power to give you a working device.
In addition, here are some things you should do BEFORE we give you an iPad:
- Make sure you can access your school email account (I'm assuming you can by now if you are reading this note!)
- Create (or have access to) an iTunes account where you KNOW both the username and password. If you need to create an account, we have instructions on how to do so that will not require a credit card.
- Purchase a case and have it with you when you pick up the iPad
Below is a technology agreement form that both you and your parents/guardians need to read. There is also a one-page document that should be printed out and returned to us when you pick up your iPad.
Technology Agreement (please read)
Print this form, fill it out, sign it, and bring it with you when you pick up your iPad
We will send more information out over the weekend, so keep watching for emails about iPads!!