GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, October 6, 2015 – “L” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Congrats to Reece Walker, who yesterday qualified himself to compete in the state golf tournament next week! Go Reece!
· Sophomores and Seniors: If you missed your class meeting yesterday you can pick up class ring and graduation supplies ordering packets in the front office. Josten’s will be here next Thursday, 10/15, at lunch to take orders and collect deposits.
· Be a part of the L&N Swimming & Diving Team! Free two week trial period runs Oct 5th - Oct 16th. Practices will be held Monday, Tuesday & Thursday at Student Aquatics Center on UT campus. Practice starts at 6:45 a.m. and end at 8:00 a.m. Dr. Bretscher will be riding the trolley back to school with students. For more information or questions contact Dr. Bretscher. Go Gryphon Aquatics!!
· Mr. Bell is collecting supplies that will be sent to aid a European refugee camp of 18,000 people. These individuals will be facing winter in harsh conditions and need our help. We are collecting winter clothes, coats, pants, long underwear, blankets, children's diapers, and adult diapers. One Vision International will be sending a large metal shipping container at the end of October. Mr. Bell will be accepting donations in new or gently used condition until October 9th in Room 208.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Need community service hours? Open Streets Knoxville is happening Sunday, Oct 25th from 1 - 4 p.m., and we need a LOT of volunteers to make it a success. Volunteers will get a free Open Streets Knoxville t-shirt. Go here to find out more http://openstreetsknoxville.com/ or here to sign up: https://www.volunteersignup.org/TJ9LE
· TN Promise will drop off books on November 10th from 8:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. in the STEM Space. Students who plan to participate in the TN Promise proceedings will be given a 10 minute overview of the qualification process and mandatory attendance dates.
Quotes of the day from Henry Ward Beecher:
Hold your responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)