GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, October 27, 2016 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Students – interested in track this spring? Take a minute and fill out this quick survey indicating your interest. Thank you.
· Are you ready for the Spirit Week final rankings?!? The winning class of Spirit Week 2016 is – the Seniors, class of 2017! Followed in 2nd place by the Sophomores (class of 2019!), who are very close to the 3rd place class of 2018 – the Juniors! Our Freshmen, class of 2020, had a great showing in their first year as Gryphons. We’ll do it all again next fall – and thanks to all for a very spirited week of Gryphon pride!
· Plan to attend the annual Senior v. Faculty flag football game, which is scheduled for Monday, November 21, from 3:30–4:30 p.m. on the lawn at World’s Fair Park! If you are a senior interested in participating, please complete the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/jj60ZT6KjQkrynxe2. Please contact email@example.com with questions or for more information regarding the flag football game.
· Students – you now know what your grades were for the first 9 weeks. We will start with the new Digital Lab rosters today (Tuesday). You also received a separate email about Lab in particular. Be where you’re supposed to be, doing what you’re supposed to be doing!
· Want to go into a STEM profession? Want to travel the world? Does going to places like Spain and Germany sound appealing to you? The Gryphon Global Studies Program is proud to offer not one, but two different trips to feed your wanderlust! For the first time in the Summer of 2018 we are participating in EF Tour’s Student Leadership Conference. The topic that year is “The Future of Technology” and includes a 12 day tour of Barcelona, Madrid, and Berlin. For those wanting a more relaxed experience, during the Fall of 2018 we are also offering a 9 day tour of Germany and the Alps. For more information please attend our interest meeting on Tuesday, November 15 at 5:30pm in the Commons. We can’t wait to see you there! Questions or concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be sure to follow @GlobalGryphons for more information!
· What a great Spirit Week – now it’s time for our PTSA fall fundraiser to celebrate a different kind of “spirit” with our 2nd Annual Haunted Station, this Friday, Oct 28.
o Find out more here (note: this is a link to a Facebook page for the event so you will not be able to access from the school’s network.
o Also, parents and teachers, here’s a link to sign up to volunteer or for donations needed for the evening’s festivities!
o And lastly – get a head start on Christmas shopping online at the L&N PTSA online storefront for apparel, note cards, and magnets. Click here, and pass the link on to family and friends! This is a limited time sale – only through November 21 – don’t wait to order!
· UPDATE: Yearbooks are on sale! Make sure to stop by the office and pick up an order form, or go to www.jostens.com to order yours today. Yearbooks are $60 for a limited time only, so make sure to order yours as soon as possible before the price goes up. Make sure to follow @STEMYB on Twitter to stay up-to-date on yearbook prices and updates throughout the year.
Community & Guidance Ops:
College Reps on campus: Please stop by or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these colleges who will have reps on campus on the following dates:
o University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, Wed., Nov 2 at 12:15
· Women in Engineering: The University of Dayton (Ohio) sponsors an overnight event for female juniors and seniors on November 11. Parents can also attend a related program. More information is at go.udayton.edu/exploreengineering or in the Guidance office.
· Lincoln Memorial University Open House: LMU in Harrogate, TN is having an Open House on November 12, particularly showcasing their fine arts programs. Students and parents are welcome. More information is at lmunet.edu or in the Guidance office.
· Architecture Explorer Post: If you are interested in design and architecture, consider joining the Explorer Post sponsored by the East TN chapter of the American Institute of Architects. More information is in the Guidance office.
Quote of the day from the Albert Einstein:
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school