GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, October 6, 2016 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Students going on the Latin Day field trip to UT – don’t be late! Refer back to your email from Mr. Crattie – be prepared and represent us well!
· Sophomores and Seniors – in case you missed them this week, Josten’s will be back on campus at lunch Tues., Oct 18, to collect orders and deposits ($60)! Stop by and see them in the Commons!
· Congrats to Laura Bretscher who won the Bronze Division Girls Race at the Jessie Owens Classic in Alabama on Saturday, she finished 1st out of 320. Girls Cross County took 8th out of 30. Seth Jinks finished in 18th place, while the team finished in 18th place out of 44 teams!
· Are you a talented writer, playwright or poet? Videographer? Musical composer? Choreographer? Artist or photographer? "What is Your Story?" is the theme for the PTA Reflections this year. (Reflections is an annual competition of the National PTA.) Categories include Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts. Entries are judged on interpretation, creativity and technique. All information for each medium is included in Google Drive, including the entry form and folders for each category in which to submit your entry: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5F3w_X0E-xuMjg1dG1Yc0dSNWs?usp=sharing Entries are due November 1st
· Congratulations to our National Art Honor Society students, who took the 2nd place honors in their first year of participating in the Oak Ridge Street Painting Festival! Thanks to these members who were directly involved: Kati Ellis, Maddison Wright, Travis Gardner, Trinity Terry, Ayesha Ahmed, Savannah Bresler, and Desiree Dobbins. Great job NAHS!
· Hey students! Want your photos from this school year in your 2016-17 yearbook? Go to the App Store and search for "ReplayIt." Once downloaded, the app is simple, self-explanatory, and easy to use! Just upload your favorite (appropriate) pictures from this summer/this year to share them with the yearbook staff!
· Yearbooks are on sale! Make sure to stop by the office and pick up an order form, or go to www.jostens.com to order yours today. Yearbooks are $55 for a limited time only, so make sure to order yours as soon as possible before the price goes up. Also, if you order quickly, you can get up to four free icons by your name in the yearbook! Make sure to follow @STEMYB on Twitter to stay up-to-date on yearbook prices and updates throughout the year.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Students, the A21 Walk For Freedom is coming up. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is an organization that helps as a global community to illuminate human trafficking, and raise funds to rescue those who are victimized by it. It will be held on October 15,2016 at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium form 8:30am-10:30am. To register go to www.A21.org/Knoxville
Quote of the day from Winston Churchill:
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school