GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, October 7, 2016 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· If you ordered a class shirt for Spirit Week – they will be delivered to you at your Advisory today. See the reminders for dress up days when we get back below. Remember – pep rally Monday, Oct 17, 3:20 – 4:25 p.m. at the Amphitheatre! Also – dance tickets will be on sale every day during spirit week – join us Saturday, Oct 22!
· Sophomores and Seniors – in case you missed them this week, Josten’s will be back on campus at lunch Tues., Oct 18, to collect orders and deposits ($60)! Stop by and see them in the Commons!
· Are you a talented writer, playwright or poet? Videographer? Musical composer? Choreographer? Artist or photographer? "What is Your Story?" is the theme for the PTA Reflections this year. (Reflections is an annual competition of the National PTA.) Categories include Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts. Entries are judged on interpretation, creativity and technique. All information for each medium is included in Google Drive, including the entry form and folders for each category in which to submit your entry: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5F3w_X0E-xuMjg1dG1Yc0dSNWs?usp=sharing Entries are due November 1st
· Hey students! Want your photos from this school year in your 2016-17 yearbook? Go to the App Store and search for "ReplayIt." Once downloaded, the app is simple, self-explanatory, and easy to use! Just upload your favorite (appropriate) pictures from this summer/this year to share them with the yearbook staff! They want your Fall break pictures! Post them!
· Yearbooks are on sale! Make sure to stop by the office and pick up an order form, or go to www.jostens.com to order yours today. Yearbooks are $55 for a limited time only, so make sure to order yours as soon as possible before the price goes up. Also, if you order quickly, you can get up to four free icons by your name in the yearbook! Make sure to follow @STEMYB on Twitter to stay up-to-date on yearbook prices and updates throughout the year.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Students, the A21 Walk For Freedom is coming up. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is an organization that helps as a global community to illuminate human trafficking, and raise funds to rescue those who are victimized by it. It will be held on October 15,2016 at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium form 8:30am-10:30am. To register go to www.A21.org/Knoxville
Quote of the day from Ralph Marston:
Make it a habit to tell people thank you; to express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school