GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, January 11, 2017 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Are you interested in math? Mu Alpha Theta is hosting part two of a math competition at two separate times: Friday, January 13 at 8:45 AM and Tuesday, January 17 during Genius Hour in Room 207. You can talk to your Genius Hour teacher if you choose to take the test at this time. The two categories are "Logarithms and Exponents" and "Circles, Parabolas, and Polygons.
· Remember – no Genius Hours this week – you should report to your Advisory class after 2nd period. You will have the usual lunch period you have on Fridays. There is an activity planned for each day to help you get ready for this semester and plan for next year.
· Student drivers: if you park off campus please note that due to changes in downtown parking you should not park in the KMA lower parking lot anymore, even for a short time. Students are encouraged to use the Blackstock lot or the corner of Grand and WFP Drive. Note that the metered street spaces are time-limited, too.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· If you took the PSAT and have not yet picked up your paper score report and test booklet, these are still available in the Guidance office.
· Seniors – deadline to complete your FAFSA to be eligible for TN Promise next year is January 17. See your guidance counselor NOW if you have not completed this form yet!
Quote of the day from William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night (11, v, 156-159):
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school