GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, January 17, 2017 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· First Genius Hours of the new semester meet today! Mr. Childers sent an email with information. Here’s a link in case you can’t find it – change days with tabs across the bottom. Be where you’re supposed to be, Gryphons! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17zyO1ISynekFZhj3TS6pr1n3uRetmoPnECovBWFtD0c/edit?usp=sharing. Email Mr. Childers with questions.
· Congratulations to all these Gryphons:
o Our CodeTN team, Cade Brown, Gregory Croisdale, and Joanna Reed, who won 2nd place in the regional competition Friday night with their app “SyNap!”
o Our Cyberpatriot team – who completed a tough round of state competition Friday night!
o These students who were selected to participate in the All-State East Senior Clinic:
§ Symphony Orchestra - Ella Marston – Violin, Gregory Croisdale – Violin, Elliott Mills - Alt. Violin
§ String Orchestra - Connor McGinley – Violin, Emma Fox – Violin, Mattie Mills - Alt. Double Bass
§ Blue Band - Marcus Lee - Bassoon
§ Red Band - Nick Brison - French Horn
· The Track team will condition at the track at West High School from 4:50-6:00 on Thursday 1/12, Tuesday 1/17 and Thursday 1/19. All athletes on the team, not involved with swimming should attend.
· Are you interested in math? Mu Alpha Theta is hosting part two of a math competition at two separate times: TODAY, Tuesday, January 17 during Genius Hour in Room 207. You can talk to your Genius Hour teacher if you choose to take the test at this time. The two categories are "Logarithms and Exponents" and "Circles, Parabolas, and Polygons”.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· If you took the PSAT and have not yet picked up your paper score report and test booklet, these are still available in the Guidance office.
· Seniors – deadline to complete your FAFSA to be eligible for TN Promise next year is TODAY, January 17. See your guidance counselor NOW if you have not completed this form yet!
Quote of the day from Eleanor Roosevelt:
In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school