GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, January 30, 2017 – “M” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
Early Release Schedule
· Big congrats go out to our swimmers and divers! This weekend, STEM Gryphons Swim/Dive Team ended up 2nd in KISL City Meet!
KISL Individual Winners:
o Emily Bretscher - 1 Meter Diving - City Meet Record
o Alex Hines - 200 Breast - City Meet Record & 200 IM - City Meet Record
o Ethan Sanders - 200 Free & 500 Free
o Jacob Siler - 1 Meter Diving
Macy Hudson, Abigail Rump, Lindsey Sanders, Kendall Goodman, Brooke Foster, Erin Victorson, Delaney Martin, Sydney Goodman, Ethan Marsh, Andrew Hines, Marcus Lee, Daniel Eshleman, Eddie Ceausu, Mike Cho, Nick Cassell, Nathan Cooley, James DeFreese
Swimmers and Divers who qualified for the State Meet will compete February 10th & 11th at UT.
· The SGA Snow Ball is this weekend! This year's Winter Formal will be on Saturday, February 4th from 7-10pm in the Commons. Tickets will be sold in the Commons this week only, $8 for singles and $14 for doubles. Students are invited to wear formal attire and enjoy an evening in a Winter Wonderland.
· Water Polo interest meeting, Monday, Feb 6, 3:30 p.m. in room 207.
· Come join the fun at Open Mic Night on February 17th from 6pm - 9pm. The SGA encourages everyone to come out and support your peers as they preform. If you would like to sign up to perform, here is the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49adac2ba7ff2-open. Admission is free and you can buy treats to help support the SGA! Hope to see you there!
· Prom Tickets are still on sale! For the next two days only (thru Jan 31), the prices are $45 for a single and $80 for a couple. Tickets are sold during all lunches on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You can also see Mrs. Brown. Remember to buy early because the price goes up from here.
· Teens for Christ is starting up again Monday mornings - Meet at 8:45 in Room D 113
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Seniors: Did you see this tweet sent by our counselors over the weekend from Fastweb Scholarships? Click here to enter to win a $3k scholarship: ow.ly/wn2o307WPRU
Quote of the day from Buck Rodgers:
There are countless ways of attaining greatness, but any road to reaching one’s maximum potential must be built on a bedrock of respect for the individual, a commitment to excellence, and a rejection of mediocrity.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school
STEM singers w/ Avi Kaplan of Pentatonix!