GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, January 19, 2017 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Coming next week – Thursday, Jan 26, during your Genius Hour times (you’ll go with your Genius Hour) the L&N will host a mini college fair in the STEM space. Twenty Tennessee colleges, plus TSAC and EdSouth, will be there. Look for posters with more information and times.
· The Snow Ball is quickly approaching! This year's Winter Formal will be on Saturday, February 4th from 7-10pm in the Commons. Tickets will be sold in the Commons the week before the dance, $8 for singles and $14 for doubles. Students are invited to wear formal attire and enjoy an evening in a Winter Wonderland.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Junior/Sophomore Guidance Night on January 26th from 6pm to 8pm with ten speakers lined up to share their expertise with you. Topics will include: Financial Aid/FAFSA, Overview of College Process & Common Application, ACT/SAT & GPA Info, TN College of Applied Technology, We Survived! Senior Experience, Dual Enrollment, PSCC TN Transfer Pathway, NCAA, Governor’s School & Summer Programs, & Universal Pathways to Employment information sessions
· Outlier’s Advantage: Knoxville In-Home Tutoring will be hosting a Free Mock ACT on Saturday, January 28 at 9 a.m. for all Knox County students. Hosted at UT's Haslam College of Business. Students will get their results before they leave and will get to keep their tests for their review. Limited seating is available, so students need to pre-register to make sure they have a seat. Interested students can sign-up directly from at www.KnoxvilleTutor.com
· If you took the PSAT and have not yet picked up your paper score report and test booklet, these are still available in the Guidance office.
Quote of the day from President Bill Clinton’s Inaugural Address, Jan 21, 1993:
Our democracy must be not only the envy of the world but the engine of our own renewal. There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school