GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, January 18, 2017 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· The Snow Ball is quickly approaching! This year's Winter Formal will be on Saturday, February 4th from 7-10pm in the Commons. Tickets will be sold in the Commons the week before the dance, $8 for singles and $14 for doubles. Students are invited to wear formal attire and enjoy an evening in a Winter Wonderland.
· First Genius Hours of the new semester meet this week! Mr. Childers sent an email with information. Here’s a link in case you can’t find it – change days with tabs across the bottom. Be where you’re supposed to be, Gryphons! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17zyO1ISynekFZhj3TS6pr1n3uRetmoPnECovBWFtD0c/edit?usp=sharing. Email Mr. Childers with questions.
· Congratulations to all these Gryphons:
o Our CodeTN team, Cade Brown, Gregory Croisdale, and Joanna Reed, who won 2nd place in the regional competition Friday night with their app “SyNap!”
o Our Cyberpatriot team – who completed a tough round of state competition Friday night!
o These students who were selected to participate in the All-State East Senior Clinic:
§ Symphony Orchestra - Ella Marston – Violin, Gregory Croisdale – Violin, Elliott Mills - Alt. Violin
§ String Orchestra - Connor McGinley – Violin, Emma Fox – Violin, Mattie Mills - Alt. Double Bass
§ Blue Band - Marcus Lee - Bassoon
§ Red Band - Nick Brison - French Horn
· The Track team will condition at the track at West High School from 4:50-6:00 on Thursday 1/19. All athletes on the team, not involved with swimming should attend.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· If you took the PSAT and have not yet picked up your paper score report and test booklet, these are still available in the Guidance office.
Quote of the day from Confucius:
A man who lacks reliability is utterly useless.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school