For Monday, April 15, 2013
"N" Schedule Day
ACADEMIC PUSH PERIOD
· Visitors in the building today are prospective students from surrounding counties. We know you’ll make them feel welcome. We also have teachers from Roane County Schools visiting us to see how we use technology.
· We’re welcoming Army recruiters at lunch today in the Commons area. Stop by and talk to them about opportunities to take the ASVAB (military aptitude) exam.
· Lost – a pewter and black crucifix on a silver chain. This has sentimental value to a family, if found, please return to the office.
· Last day today! The Chess Club is having a fundraiser selling flower bulbs. If you are interested in reviewing the items available, please click on this link where you can place your order directly online. The Chess Club thanks you in advance for your support!
· Start making plans now to go to Market Square next Friday night, April 19 to support our own Nate Paul in the districtwide competition “CTE Goes Live!” He needs to see familiar faces in the large crowd – let’s be there! See the ad at the bottom of announcements for details.
· Juniors don’t forget – you’ll have Open Campus again for this Wednesday’s lunch. Plan ahead!
Brown Bags: RSVP to Mr. Smith – you MUST email or check in with your Advisory teacher to attend any Brown Bag event. Attendance will be taken!
· Today - College Access Monday – Carson Newman College will be in the STEM space during lunch. ALL JUNIORS will attend so everyone go get your lunch first then report to the STEM space. Your advisors will be there to take attendance. Any sophomores interested in Carson Newman are invited to attend, too.
· Friday, April 19 – Chris Dager, UT, Topic: Asian Carp and their impact on our waterways
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· Summer School info – applications available online now. Click on “guidance” tab on our website for more info.
· If you’re filling out testing or college paperwork, our school’s CEEB code is 431118. See Mrs. Salerno or the Guidance page on our web site for more.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Teens for Christ: Mondays from 8:45 – 9:15 in D113.
· Young Life: Wednesdays from 8:45 – 9:15 in the Mezzanine.
· Venture Club (STEM career post of scouting) meets Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 in room 202.
· Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) meets every Friday during 2nd lunch in room 222. This group is about spreading tolerance of diversity in all its forms - all are welcome.
· Peer study group meets every Tuesday from 5:00 – 7:30 at the Lawson McGhee library (downtown branch).
Quote of the day from Anonymous,
The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism