For Friday, April 26, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
ACADEMIC PUSH PERIOD
· ORDER THIS YEAR’S SCHOOL T-SHIRT DESIGN – Wednesday is the last day to order! See the attachment for the designs and descriptions. Order forms are printed and available at the counter in the front office. Remember, we only sell our designs for one year – get them now and have a collector’s item!
· Mark your calendars, next Wednesday, May 1, is the last Early Release Wednesday of the year! Open Campus will continue for Juniors until May 15.
· Make plans to attend the Spring Music Concert and School Awards next Tuesday, April 30, at 7:00 p.m. in the TN Amphitheater.
· Car riders if someone picks you up, please tell them today, we need to use our alternate pick up location (Grand Ave across railroad tracks) due to an event setting up on World’s Fair Lawn. Please be sure your ride knows about this.
· If you play (or are planning to play a school sport): KOC is offering sports physicals for the 2013-2014 school year for $10 on May 4 at Thompson-Boling Arena. All school students on sports teams must have a physical to participate each year. See your coach to get the appropriate physical forms or come to the office. Go to http://www.kocortho.com/smo_physicals.asp for more information.
· Hello everyone! For an end of the year celebration, we are having a Cinco de Mayo Dance on Saturday, May 4th, 7pm-10pm. The attire for this occasion is nice casual - semi formal (no jeans), OR you can dress Cinco de Mayo style. The cost is $6 for single and $10 for a couple. We will serve "Mock"arita drinks and other food. Hope you can come! Buy your tickets at lunch!
· Rising juniors and seniors interested in Dual Enrollment Photography classes next semester need to email Mrs. Salerno asap! The course will be offered before school in the mornings on STEM's campus. This is a great opportunity to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously!
Brown Bags: RSVP to Mr. Smith – you MUST email or check in with your Advisory teacher to attend any Brown Bag event. Attendance will be taken!
· Friday, April 26 – Jacene England, Perspective Architecture, will discuss all pertinent aspects of an architect’s career.
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· Summer School info – applications available online now. Click on “guidance” tab on our website for more info.
· If you’re filling out testing or college paperwork, our school’s CEEB code is 431118. See Mrs. Salerno or the Guidance page on our web site for more.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Teens for Christ: Mondays from 8:45 – 9:15 in D113.
· Young Life: Wednesdays from 8:45 – 9:15 in the Mezzanine.
· Venture Club (STEM career post of scouting) meets Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 in room 202.
· Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) meets every Friday during 2nd lunch in room 222. This group is about spreading tolerance of diversity in all its forms - all are welcome.
· Peer study group meets every Tuesday from 5:00 – 7:30 at the Lawson McGhee library (downtown branch).
Quote of the day from Mark Twain,
Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism